Today in Los Angeles we're expected to reach 100°

Meanwhile, it's 47 degrees and raining in NYC.

I prefer the heat to cold and raining. I think there is a day or two in October when the weather is nice in New York. :)

The weather in New York from Mid May until late June is usually very good. The same is true from the beginning of September until mid October.

Normally New York gets 2 heat waves each summer where the temperatures go above 90 degrees for 5 or 6 days at a time. Other than that it's not bad. The winter is a mirror image of that - two severe cold snaps is about it.

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• splinky

• hollywood

• mongo_jones

• Wilfrid1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to the DMV to get a learners permit this morning. That was the first annoyance: that although my UK license is perfectly OK for driving in the US (as long as I’m not a resident), it is not suff

My new cowboy boots hurt my feet. I know I have to go through a breaking-in phase, but in the meantime my left pinky toe is cursing at me non-stop.

Being afraid to switch my elderly computer off in case it decides never to boot up properly again   v

Posted Images

I prefer the heat to cold and raining. I think there is a day or two in October when the weather is nice in New York. :)

The weather in New York from Mid May until late June is usually very good. The same is true from the beginning of September until mid October.

Normally New York gets 2 heat waves each summer where the temperatures go above 90 degrees for 5 or 6 days at a time. Other than that it's not bad. The winter is a mirror image of that - two severe cold snaps is about it.

Yes, and last summer we had a great one--one beautiful, clear, sunny, breezy day after another.

Here we have usually had at least one weekend of temperatures in the high 70's or 80's by this point of April. This year, not so much. I had the electric blanket on again last night because it is still bloody cold. The cherry blossoms have just started to bloom and the magnolia's are just starting to pop. It's been a very sad spring.

San Francisco is looking better and better...

It's really raw outside. I'm considering a fire in the fireplace to warm things up a bit.

It was such a wonderful weekend, though. 70 degrees and breezy...

Not even noon and already over 80.

*cries*

go to the freaking library or wander around whole foods for a while

That would mean I'd have to close the windows in order to leave the dog here alone (no screens), and he would roast like a chicken.

I'm going to call my friend and try to convince her to take us and her dogs to the beach.

Not even noon and already over 80.

*cries*

go to the freaking library or wander around whole foods for a while

That would mean I'd have to close the windows in order to leave the dog here alone (no screens), and he would roast like a chicken.

I'm going to call my friend and try to convince her to take us and her dogs to the beach.

mmmm, chicken.

get him one of those canine companion vests and take him with you

Ten PM, and still almost eighty. I can't eat or sleep when it's like this. Tomorrow may well kill me. Good luck, Doctor!

Squeat: have you seen those "cooling bandanas" that are filled with silicon gel beads, and when you put them in water, they absorb the water and puff up? You wear them around your neck, and I swear, they WORK.

They also have them for doggies!

Take it from a former Southern denizen: they are wonderful, and inexpensive. You might even find them in a drugstore. (Do you have Long's drugstores up there?)

Find them! They will help you.

Wow, thanks, Tana! Those sound great. I'll look for them at Walgreen's. (The only Long's I know of in the Bay Area is in Novato, and there's no way I'm going to Novato on a hot day.) If they don't have them, I'll order some online. They sound like just the thing!

Jeeze you need to get out more! Van Ness @ Vallejo. Many in Oakland too.

Go to the water today!

Doesn't look like it. No response from friend so far. (This is her weekend so she may be out of town.) And I'm NOT getting on Muni in this heat, especially not with a dog wearing a muzzle for the first time.

I put a big mixing bowl of ice-water in the fridge with a bunch of washrags in it, and I'm rotating them. It's helping a bit.