• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• splinky

• hollywood

• mongo_jones

• Wilfrid1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to the DMV to get a learners permit this morning. That was the first annoyance: that although my UK license is perfectly OK for driving in the US (as long as I’m not a resident), it is not suff

My new cowboy boots hurt my feet. I know I have to go through a breaking-in phase, but in the meantime my left pinky toe is cursing at me non-stop.

Being afraid to switch my elderly computer off in case it decides never to boot up properly again   v

Posted Images

So, wait.... You wash before wearing for the first time? That train's not gonna wait. Maybe you could hand wash a pair and then blow dry to meet your destiny.

In all seriousness, you really should wash new underwear (and new clothes) before you wear them!

Dr Oz Undercover Underwear – Buying Dirty Underwear: Think that brand of new underwear you just bought is clean? Think again. There’s something lurking in your lingerie. The Dr. Oz team lab-tested undergarments from coast to coast, bargain basements to designer boutiques. The results were shocking, with some undergarments testing positive for yeast, fecal matter, even blood. Learn what you should do to disinfect your intimates.

Reminds me of Christmas 2007 when we went to Bogota and threw a Christmas party for the orphanage. We bought $250 worth of underwear. After culling through the piles and piles of new underpants at a store, our hands were filthy black.

anyone who has worked in the retail clothing biz has everything cleaned before wearing the first time. if most shoppers could see the state of what is tried on and regularly put back on the selling floor or returned and put back on the floor they'd cry for their mommies

I have so much laundry to do that the mere thought of having to separate it all frightens me, and so I will mix a drink before I go into the closet. It's the laundry, and not the drinking, that annoys me.

An in-depth analysis shows you write like Tolstoy.

On a lighter note, you could avoid separation anxiety by just washing lights and darks together on a warm/cold cycle. I know, it goes against eveything mom told you.

I separated my laundry into four piles, like the four books of War and Peace. But then, when I went down into the basement to put in the first load, someone else in the building was doing laundry. A whole ton of laundry. So now I can't do any at all. Maybe, like Anna, I will throw myself in front of a train.

only if you have a clean pair of underwear left, to be buried in

I have some new pairs, but I haven't washed them yet.

So, wait.... You wash before wearing for the first time? That train's not gonna wait. Maybe you could hand wash a pair and then blow dry to meet your destiny.

you have to wash them before wearing them the first time. what are you? raised by wolves?

guys don't do that. the packages are hermetically sealed. wolves don't wear underwear.

ryanbarry.jpg

Is this from Russ Meyer's "Eve and the Handyman"?

In all seriousness, you really should wash new underwear (and new clothes) before you wear them!

I don't think the underwear germs are going to get her before the train does though.

True.

She could wash them and then just wear them wet. Chances are she'll wet her pants when the train hits, anyway.

Or do like someone I know, and iron the crotch of the underwear to kill the germs.

these downsized twistoff caps on water bottles are a mild annoyance. will their use prolong life on the planet for 4-5 years?

I first noticed this just last weekend (I guess because I don't drink bottled water very often) and we laughed. It was harder to screw off that pin-head cap and sipping felt a little odd, although I've dribbled since my earliest years. But they trumpeted the news of the smaller cap on an ostentatiously green label. Yeah, that'll do it.

Yes, now that they've shaved a tenth of an ounce off those caps the logic of shipping tons of water across the country to places with perfectly fine municipal water systems seems so much more appealing.

Yes, now that they've shaved a tenth of an ounce off those caps the logic of shipping tons of water across the country to places with perfectly fine municipal water systems seems so much more appealing.

the more ridiculous thing is all the vessels of water walking around the city buying these things -- are they disposable too?