• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• splinky

• hollywood

• mongo_jones

• Wilfrid1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to the DMV to get a learners permit this morning. That was the first annoyance: that although my UK license is perfectly OK for driving in the US (as long as I’m not a resident), it is not suff

My new cowboy boots hurt my feet. I know I have to go through a breaking-in phase, but in the meantime my left pinky toe is cursing at me non-stop.

Being afraid to switch my elderly computer off in case it decides never to boot up properly again   v

Posted Images

87 degrees in NYC at 9:30AM, expected to hit 95.

Where is Squeat Mungry? Bring him to me!

Oh, you so do not want him there. The whining will kill you or at least make you wish you were dead.

brooklyn_where_the_weak_are_killed_and_eaten_tshirt-p235945725187824977qtlq_400.jpg

I believe that should read 'where the weak are sourced, killed, broken down and eaten.'

I have an abscessed wisdom tooth and it fucking hurts. Antibiotics and removal on the 10th. :angry: Plus, I discovered that my root canal that I had done 3 years ago didn't take (either that or I have freakish nerves that grew back) and I now need to go to an Endodontist. At least I have an explanation for the gnawing jaw pain that I've been having. It's a shame my dentist didn't listen to me when I said I could still feel something on that tooth.

I have an abscessed wisdom tooth and it fucking hurts. Antibiotics and removal on the 10th. :angry: Plus, I discovered that my root canal that I had done 3 years ago didn't take (either that or I have freakish nerves that grew back) and I now need to go to an Endodontist. At least I have an explanation for the gnawing jaw pain that I've been having. It's a shame my dentist didn't listen to me when I said I could still feel something on that tooth.

some nerve

87 degrees in NYC at 9:30AM, expected to hit 95.

Where is Squeat Mungry? Bring him to me!

No matter where you were you could not have been as hot as I was during my nearly 8 hours at the US Open. I drank three liters of water (at a cost of around $20). A slight breeze is the only reason I am sure that I did not keel over, although my asthma did kick up a bit at one point. I highly recommend Clarins number 30 sunblock for children, too (purchased by this adult with super-sensitive skin). That stuff works.

I had a great time and saw a lot of good tennis but I don't think with the exception of the end a five day hike through the Andes I have ever been happier to take a shower.

Speaking of the US Open, lets put this under the heading of future annoyances. This summer we've had almost no rain. Tomorrow Hurricane Earl is supposed to pass by NYC.

Guess which day we're going to the Open.

I have a confirmed flight from SFO>Chiapas with a connection in Mexico City.

Mexicana changed the SFO/MEX flight so now it arrives after the connection.

Travelocity was going to call me back with accommodations within 48 hours.

Somehow, they didn't. Whoops!

I call them and they tell me now that Mexicana has declared bankruptcy and is not taking any new flights. I argue that this is a change not a new one and apparently they are very sorry but there is nothing they can do! I ask what I can do and they are VERY SORRY. I then ask if I can just get a refund and it turns out they are VERY SORRY but they can't even help me with that.

They understand my frustration and they are VERY SORRY.

meanwhile, 40 minutes on hold with Mexicana and I get a human, who then transfers me to the right department and I get hung up on.

Mexicana suspends all flights/strands passengers

I have a confirmed flight from SFO>Chiapas with a connection in Mexico City.

Mexicana changed the SFO/MEX flight so now it arrives after the connection.

Travelocity was going to call me back with accommodations within 48 hours.

Somehow, they didn't. Whoops!

I call them and they tell me now that Mexicana has declared bankruptcy and is not taking any new flights. I argue that this is a change not a new one and apparently they are very sorry but there is nothing they can do! I ask what I can do and they are VERY SORRY. I then ask if I can just get a refund and it turns out they are VERY SORRY but they can't even help me with that.

They understand my frustration and they are VERY SORRY.

meanwhile, 40 minutes on hold with Mexicana and I get a human, who then transfers me to the right department and I get hung up on.

Mexicana suspends all flights/strands passengers

I consider myself very lucky! I finished the trip before they started suspensions within Mexico. They kept saying it was only Mexicana in the US that was in trouble but no we see it's not true.

Again, Travelocity claims to be with you before, during and after the trip. Not much.

Two weeks ago, I had a filling redone, and now that same tooth just started hurting. I'll try Sensodyne for a few days and see if things get better. If not, then it's a sign that I need to switch dentists. I've had a feeling this guy has been losing his abilities.