• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• splinky

• hollywood

• mongo_jones

• Wilfrid1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to the DMV to get a learners permit this morning. That was the first annoyance: that although my UK license is perfectly OK for driving in the US (as long as I’m not a resident), it is not suff

My new cowboy boots hurt my feet. I know I have to go through a breaking-in phase, but in the meantime my left pinky toe is cursing at me non-stop.

Being afraid to switch my elderly computer off in case it decides never to boot up properly again   v

Posted Images

Some kind of muscle kink around my right shoulder blade that runs all the way up to my neck. Hot pads aren't helping. Well, at least I don't have anything to do today, so I can lie in bed all day and relax. Oh, wait a minute, I do that every day (an annoyance in itself).

Some kind of muscle kink around my right shoulder blade that runs all the way up to my neck. Hot pads aren't helping. Well, at least I don't have anything to do today, so I can lie in bed all day and relax. Oh, wait a minute, I do that every day (an annoyance in itself).

Good luck. That happened to me a year ago & it still hasn't gone away. If you find a remedy please advise.

Good luck. That happened to me a year ago & it still hasn't gone away. If you find a remedy please advise.

Don't tell me that! I need it to go away!

It happened to me once before (my brother's 20+ lb cat took to sleeping against my head) and I had to go to physio for a few months. This time I'm pretty sure it's because of an awkward sleeping position, but hopefully it will go away on its own.

Do you sleep in a funny position? That might be why yours isn't going away. Have you tried massage (deep tissue) yet? That might help if you do it regularly for a month or two.

It happened to me once before (my brother's 20+ lb cat took to sleeping against my head) and I had to go to physio for a few months. This time I'm pretty sure it's because of an awkward sleeping position, but hopefully it will go away on its own.

Do you sleep in a funny position? That might be why yours isn't going away. Have you tried massage (deep tissue) yet? That might help if you do it regularly for a month or two.

I don't think it's funny but others might.

I plan to see a sports doc or somebody about it in the New Year & get a handle on exactly what it is. It got better but then plateaued. Pain in my, ummmm, tricep? when I try to bend arm up behind my back is primary symptom, with some ancillary soreness in the shoulder blade. (I know I know, "Don't bend your arm like that & it won't hurt!" And in fact it doesn't if I don't. Which in itself is annoying.)

I plan to see a sports doc or somebody about it in the New Year & get a handle on exactly what it is. It got better but then plateaued. Pain in my, ummmm, tricep? when I try to bend arm up behind my back is primary symptom, with some ancillary soreness in the shoulder blade. (I know I know, "Don't bend your arm like that & it won't hurt!" And in fact it doesn't if I don't. Which in itself is annoying.)

Does it hurt when you wipe your bum? Or to be less graphic, when you put a shirt or jacket on?

My mother has had that problem for years, and it turned out to be arthritis. Not much can be done, but massage does help. I think it's also because she sleeps on her side with her shoulders all hunched up.

Does it hurt when you wipe your bum? Or to be less graphic, when you put a shirt or jacket on?

My mother has had that problem for years, and it turned out to be arthritis. Not much can be done, but massage does help. I think it's also because she sleeps on her side with her shoulders all hunched up.

(1) Nope. (2) Only if it's a very unruly jacket.

This came on very suddenly, whatever that might mean, so I always felt I'd strained it somehow, but I'm no expert.

Maybe see if you have a Feldenkrais practitioner in your neighborhood. Unless there's some serious underlying physical damage, two or three Feldenkrais sessions can really help with this kind of thing. No guarantees of course.

Virgin Atlantic decided to cancel a flight I had a reservation on and moved me to an earlier flight. Not normally a big deal, but they didn't tell me about it; I only found out when I went online on a whim to see if I could change my seat. I suppose I would have found out when I did an online check-in, but if I decided to check in at the airport instead the difference would be such that I would get there too late to make the new flight.

(1) Nope. (2) Only if it's a very unruly jacket.

This came on very suddenly, whatever that might mean, so I always felt I'd strained it somehow, but I'm no expert.

Sounds like y'all have 'frozen shoulder'--and, no, I am not kidding about the name. It can be eased with PT. If that doesn't work, it's surgery to break up the scar tissue.

Sounds like y'all have 'frozen shoulder'--and, no, I am not kidding about the name. It can be eased with PT. If that doesn't work, it's surgery to break up the scar tissue.

Thanks for that info. I guess I'd better get myself to the doc & find a good PT-ist.

Eek! Would deep tissue massage be as good for breaking up the scar tissue?

My right shoulder problem miraculously disappeared after a couple of days, with nary a twinge left.

However, I do still have a bad left shoulder from last February. I think I tore some upper fibers in my trapezius or something. It's not as painful as it was last February, but there's still some pain and it still feels like there's a hard knot in there. I should have told the sports doctor about it so I could get a 2-for-1 MRI--hip and shoulder at the same time! But now I'll have to wait another 4 months or more for another MRI. Sucks.

Another annoyance--I fell asleep when getting my MRI and I think I drooled on my pillow. How embarrassing!

Eek! Would deep tissue massage be as good for breaking up the scar tissue?

My right shoulder problem miraculously disappeared after a couple of days, with nary a twinge left.

However, I do still have a bad left shoulder from last February. I think I tore some upper fibers in my trapezius or something. It's not as painful as it was last February, but there's still some pain and it still feels like there's a hard knot in there. I should have told the sports doctor about it so I could get a 2-for-1 MRI--hip and shoulder at the same time! But now I'll have to wait another 4 months or more for another MRI. Sucks.

Another annoyance--I fell asleep when getting my MRI and I think I drooled on my pillow. How embarrassing!

Look on the bright side - at least you spared yourself the double embarrassment of a 2-for-1 drool.