• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• splinky

• hollywood

• mongo_jones

• Wilfrid1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to the DMV to get a learners permit this morning. That was the first annoyance: that although my UK license is perfectly OK for driving in the US (as long as I’m not a resident), it is not suff

My new cowboy boots hurt my feet. I know I have to go through a breaking-in phase, but in the meantime my left pinky toe is cursing at me non-stop.

Being afraid to switch my elderly computer off in case it decides never to boot up properly again   v

Posted Images

Europe finally takes Chambo's advice on Greece.

They stop blaming outsiders and they stop talking about it and they do something meaningful:

Greek debt is being written down by 50%. Private holders (ie European banks) will feel pain. Bailout fund is supposedly being cranked up to almost $1.5 trillion.

Frankly, all that does is hopefully kick the can down the road a pretty good distance. Greece is far from out of the woods. Much remains to be done. Italy and Spain better not think that they are in the clear either.

So why is Chambo annoyed that powerful people are starting to listen to him ?

Frankly, I never thought that they would listen. Actually, I was kind of hoping that they wouldn't.

Why?

The Euro is up over 5% vs the $ in the last 2 weeks 7% in just over 3 weeks.

Annoying.

After 10 days, I still don't have a new furnace. And what's worse, because there is no new furnace, the gas to our house has not been turned on. That means there is still no hot water. I'm debating joining a gym for a month so I won't have to boil my shower water on the stove anymore. It's too cold to be taking little-house-on-the-prairie-style baths.

Came home to find the combination on the house-key lock box changed. Couldn't get it open for the life of me, and I didn't have a cell phone much less the number of the fire cleaner people, so I couldn't call anyone to help me. But then I tried to open the door. It was unlocked.

Should I be more annoyed that the combination to the lock box has been changed without my knowledge, or that the fire cleaner people left my front door unlocked?

(Although I'm assuming even the fire cleaner people have no idea what the combination is anymore, because I can hear the key jingle-jangle in the lock box. If they knew it, they'd have locked the door--no?)

Came home to find the combination on the house-key lock box changed. Couldn't get it open for the life of me, and I didn't have a cell phone much less the number of the fire cleaner people, so I couldn't call anyone to help me. But then I tried to open the door. It was unlocked.

Should I be more annoyed that the combination to the lock box has been changed without my knowledge, or that the fire cleaner people left my front door unlocked?

(Although I'm assuming even the fire cleaner people have no idea what the combination is anymore, because I can hear the key jingle-jangle in the lock box. If they knew it, they'd have locked the door--no?)

Yikes, again. Any heat yet?

no heat yet. The people we bought the furnace from are refusing to replace it (it was still under warranty--less than 3 years old)) because they say it cannot be proven that it was a furnace malfunction. they wanted more than 7000 to replace it. Insurance guys said no, so they're going with a different company who won't be able to replace it till late next week at the earliest.

Another annoyance, had a phone call from the fire cleaner people saying the pilot light of our water heater had been lit. I was very excited (I'd rather have hot water than a furnace), so I turned on the hot water. It was cold as ice. Let it run for several minutes, but it's still cold as ice. I checked the water heater, and no pilot light has been lit. Either that, or they turned it off again when they cleaned the ducts today. I'm going to have to join a gym just to take a freakin' shower.

I'm starting to get very very annoyed, but I suppose I should be thankful I still have a house and nothing else was damaged. And of course I'm thankful for the cat surviving the whole thing with little to no PTSD.

one of the screamy toddler's mothers is doing the laundry and has left the screamy toddler alone in the hallway, where he has decided that bouncing a ball against my front door would be an awesome way to pass time. i wonder how many cheddar goldfish he's left behind, crushed into the carpet