• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• splinky

• hollywood

• mongo_jones

• Wilfrid1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to the DMV to get a learners permit this morning. That was the first annoyance: that although my UK license is perfectly OK for driving in the US (as long as I’m not a resident), it is not suff

My new cowboy boots hurt my feet. I know I have to go through a breaking-in phase, but in the meantime my left pinky toe is cursing at me non-stop.

Being afraid to switch my elderly computer off in case it decides never to boot up properly again   v

Posted Images

if my experience with shingles was typical you'll know shortly. good luck.

I haven't had it but I hear it can be very painful.

There is a vaccine that my doc recommends when I turn 60.

I've had it & it itched like the devil.

My doc just said he wants to talk to me about the shingles vaccine next time I see him - said something about insurance carriers have just started to cover it. Maybe they're trying to get us to love them now, at long last.

Cambridge does have a 600 year start on these latecomer American universities.

On the other hand they bought the land rather than stealing it.

Several of the original colleges at Cambridge and Oxford were monastic and mendicant houses of study. They were ceded to the Crown at the time of the Dissolution and Acts of Supremacy.

Reasonable people will differ as to whether that's theft.

My doc just said he wants to talk to me about the shingles vaccine next time I see him - said something about insurance carriers have just started to cover it. Maybe they're trying to get us to love them now, at long last.

I had the vaccination a few ago (my mother had shingles and it was awful for her). Yes, my insurance (Oxford/United Health) covered it. No, it does not prevent other forms of herpes, such as cold sores. Damn. But still.

I had the vaccination a few ago (my mother had shingles and it was awful for her). Yes, my insurance (Oxford/United Health) covered it. No, it does not prevent other forms of herpes, such as cold sores. Damn. But still.

Can you get the vaccination if you've already had shingles?

I need to talk to my doctor about it the next time I see him. I'm not near 60, but I've already had shingles (about 5 years ago). Every time I feel a twinge or a tingle on my back, I think, "Oh no! Shingles!" If a vaccination would help keep it from returning, I'd get it even if I had to pay for it myself.

Fortunately my itch/twinge/tingle from the other night did not turn into shingles. Although my experience with shingles was comparatively minor, I definitely do not want it again. It was three or four years before the scars went away!

Can you get the vaccination if you've already had shingles?

I need to talk to my doctor about it the next time I see him. I'm not near 60, but I've already had shingles (about 5 years ago). Every time I feel a twinge or a tingle on my back, I think, "Oh no! Shingles!" If a vaccination would help keep it from returning, I'd get it even if I had to pay for it myself.

Fortunately my itch/twinge/tingle from the other night did not turn into shingles. Although my experience with shingles was comparatively minor, I definitely do not want it again. It was three or four years before the scars went away!

Glad it's not another case of shingles. This site gives some basic info...http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/vis/downloads/vis-shingles.pdf You probably want to check with your doc/ins co to see if it's covered and how expensive it is.

Levon Helm postponed his second show in a row at the Wellmont Theater in Montclair, NJ. In Feb. he had pneumonia.

Tonight's show was postponed because he fell & wrenched his back yesterday.

I suspect that this is more of an annoyance for him than it is for me.

A first-edition book I've had since high school and which has great sentimental value for me has somehow disappeared from my bookshelf. It's small, so it could easily get lost or misplaced, but I haven't looked at it in a while and I'm very big about having all my books in alpha order. I would hate to think that a recent houseguest might have swiped it.

I'm not looking forward to having to troll eBay and Alibris if it doesn't show up. :angry:

Intense pain in the area where I had the root canal 2 years ago. I can't chew on that side and there's residual pain when I chew on the other side. Is it unusual to not get a crown after a root canal? I don't think I ever got one.

Intense pain in the area where I had the root canal 2 years ago. I can't chew on that side and there's residual pain when I chew on the other side. Is it unusual to not get a crown after a root canal? I don't think I ever got one.

In my experience, yes. I'm 4 for 4.