• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• splinky

• hollywood

• mongo_jones

• Wilfrid1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to the DMV to get a learners permit this morning. That was the first annoyance: that although my UK license is perfectly OK for driving in the US (as long as I’m not a resident), it is not suff

My new cowboy boots hurt my feet. I know I have to go through a breaking-in phase, but in the meantime my left pinky toe is cursing at me non-stop.

Being afraid to switch my elderly computer off in case it decides never to boot up properly again   v

Posted Images

The board is really quiet today. I just figured out why. It's election day and everyone is out voting 8 or 9 times.

I am a slacker - I'll only vote 4 or 5 times.

Bad people get elected by good people who don't vote.

Word.

We bought a kitchen cart at the Red Hook Ikea last week. (The new kitchen is actually pretty big but we could always use more storage and counter space.)

forhoja-kitchen-cart__38532_PE130363_S4.

It all fit into a relatively small box but those things are heavy as hell. Deb and I drove it back to the apartment and unpacked the box at the curb to make the components easier to lift.

It has been awhile since I assembled anything from a kit but this looked dead easy. They provided big diagrams but no instructions that used actual words. I didn't count on the diagrams to misrepresent how the thing should be assembled. There were plastic pegs that were supposed to be inserted to hold the pieces together and then large metal screws that needed to be inserted to keep the thing firmly together.

I put the first half together without incident but the second half was slightly off kilter by half an inch. I thrashed around for about 30 minutes trying to figure it out. I kept looking at the diagram, confirming that I had followed it exactly.

Finally I realized that one of the pictures was flat out wrong. If you followed it and inserted the pegs where the diagram showed them the damn cart would never come out right. I put the pegs aside and just used the screws. It came out perfectly.

Idiots.

Three dirtiest words in the English language are "Some Assembly Required"

Blovie got to the polling place at 6 am when the polls opened, came right back home and roused me telling me I had to vote NOW!!! Got there by 6:20 am (it's one block north of me) and the line already wrapped around the block. There were signs of a repeat clusterfuck from '08 when they were letting people in through 2 separate entrances but got it fixed so it took 45 minutes from start to finish. At that point the line went around 3 sides of a city block.