There's a leak between my kitchen and bathroom walls - original cast iron waste water pipe finally bit the dust. I now have maintenance guys here ready to break through my bathroom wall - the medicine cabinet has already been removed. This is not gonna be fun.

NICE, us too!

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• splinky

• hollywood

• mongo_jones

• Wilfrid1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to the DMV to get a learners permit this morning. That was the first annoyance: that although my UK license is perfectly OK for driving in the US (as long as I’m not a resident), it is not suff

My new cowboy boots hurt my feet. I know I have to go through a breaking-in phase, but in the meantime my left pinky toe is cursing at me non-stop.

Being afraid to switch my elderly computer off in case it decides never to boot up properly again   v

Posted Images

i am going to rip the hair out of my head.. I can't deal with these young buyers.. They are so dumb.. I spent a day and a half with his person, entered the order only to find out that they decided to send in the PO and not mention the fact that they decided to take 50 percent off everyone of my sales prices.. Didn't mention an issue with any item. thanked me and told me they were sending in the Purchase Order

I think I am in the middle of having a mild stroke..

Unfortunately, the prices I have quoted are where we need to be.. I could see if there was one item you needed some help on but, to take a blanket 50 percent off of every item I quote , is not going to work.. It could work next time as I would adjust my initial pricing accordingly but, as of now, I have tried my best. I am really sorry and I know this is the first time we are working together and I know many people in the industry initially quote very high and like to go back and forth.. This is not how we are structured to work..

i am going to rip the hair out of my head.. I can't deal with these young buyers.. They are so dumb.. I spent a day and a half with his person, entered the order only to find out that they decided to send in the PO and not mention the fact that they decided to take 50 percent off everyone of my sales prices.. Didn't mention an issue with any item. thanked me and told me they were sending in the Purchase Order

I think I am in the middle of having a mild stroke..

Unfortunately, the prices I have quoted are where we need to be.. I could see if there was one item you needed some help on but, to take a blanket 50 percent off of every item I quote , is not going to work.. It could work next time as I would adjust my initial pricing accordingly but, as of now, I have tried my best. I am really sorry and I know this is the first time we are working together and I know many people in the industry initially quote very high and like to go back and forth.. This is not how we are structured to work..

Tacky at best. I have only two responses to price quotes. Yes, thank you, and, No, thank you. It's surprising how often my mental price point is met in response to the latter.

• 3 weeks later...

What the world needs now is more 15 year old website programmers, the ones who make it simple to get from Point A to Point B without jumping through a zillion corporate-ego hoops. And while we're at it, can everyone stop the password paranoia wherein you are asked to change and augment your password every 6 weeks?

You got it, I've spent the last several hours performing dog tricks with the "forgot your password" functions on a half dozen sites. Sure, I write them down in a little book, but I'm not always at my little book. Even more maddening, more and more sites make you create an account before you can access the simplest information. As my husband rants, much web content is created with peer review in mind rather than client/customer ease of use.

Purple smoke.....

What the world needs now is more 15 year old website programmers, the ones who make it simple to get from Point A to Point B without jumping through a zillion corporate-ego hoops. And while we're at it, can everyone stop the password paranoia wherein you are asked to change and augment your password every 6 weeks?

You got it, I've spent the last several hours performing dog tricks with the "forgot your password" functions on a half dozen sites. Sure, I write them down in a little book, but I'm not always at my little book. Even more maddening, more and more sites make you create an account before you can access the simplest information. As my husband rants, much web content is created with peer review in mind rather than client/customer ease of use.

Purple smoke.....

There is a very good free password manager extension call last pass (that can be added to Google Chrome). You can also save your passwords in the Google Chrome Browser, and have them automatically entered, when you go to a site. I agree that having to create an account to just access the simplest information can be very annoying.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/lastpass-free-password-ma/hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd?hl=en-US

Purple smoke.....

:gold:

Just went through the same mishigoss trying to make a doctor appointment. The specialty in question is not in the system. And once I got through to a live human being on the scheduling phone number, it turned out that the doctor I wanted to see, who is still listed on the website as being there, is no longer there after all. At least the person found another doctor of the same specialty at the same site. But sheesh.

Purple smoke.....

There is a very good free password manager extension call last pass (that can be added to Google Chrome). You can also save your passwords in the Google Chrome Browser, and have them automatically entered, when you go to a site. I agree that having to create an account to just access the simplest information can be very annoying.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/lastpass-free-password-ma/hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd?hl=en-US

Does it work when you get a new device? I am going through this 9th circle of hell of passwords while traveling with my new phone.

in theory it does. What it doesn't do is play well with multiple accounts for the same website. It also tries to take over everything. also you have to pay for the mobile version.

If you're referring to LastPass, you can now access your LastPass account across all devices for free. And I have multiple Yahoo and Hotmail accounts that LastPass handles pretty smoothly.

I don't know what you mean by trying to take over everything.