And then there are the concerns of what husband calls the "practicing paranoids". Putting all my codes in one hackable basket sends goosebumps up my spine.

So, not wanting to sully YumYum's obituary thread, I am posting this here. What's with theses sites they only offer you 'listen', rather than 'read' an obituary (or whatever)?

That's a complaint for many informational sites. Like Yahoo Finance. Just tell me the facts without my having to endure some fatuous talking head. I can read as well as he/she can. Really a turnoff.

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• splinky

• hollywood

• mongo_jones

• Wilfrid1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to the DMV to get a learners permit this morning. That was the first annoyance: that although my UK license is perfectly OK for driving in the US (as long as I’m not a resident), it is not suff

My new cowboy boots hurt my feet. I know I have to go through a breaking-in phase, but in the meantime my left pinky toe is cursing at me non-stop.

Being afraid to switch my elderly computer off in case it decides never to boot up properly again   v

Posted Images

And then there are the concerns of what husband calls the "practicing paranoids". Putting all my codes in one hackable basket sends goosebumps up my spine.

That's my problem, too. I always wonder what I'm missing, when this is supposed to be more secure.

The recent Android update for my Samsung Galaxy S6 has messed with my Notification settings. I no longer get an LED notification when I have a text or a missed call, unless I keep the phone in sound mode (I always have it on vibrate--less distracting). And, even then, the light blinks on for a second and that's it. I double- and triple- and quadruple-checked, turned the settings off and on and restarted the phone, etc., with no luck. A little digging found that this is an issue with the new Android Nougat OS, which apparently was never beta-tested before it got rolled out.

I suppose I could call Samsung, but it looks like my options are:

1. Go back to the original factory settings. Not going to happen.

2. Try to backtrack to the previous OS (Marshmallow--jeez I hate the candy names). I'm going to have to get help with that.

3. Suck it up and wait for the patches to come out.

My Galaxy S-4 will probably need to be replaced sometime soon. Has trouble holding a charge very long, reception can be iffy

N has one of these, and is holding out as long as possible. She wants a smartphone about the same size as the S4 so that it can fit in her pocket easily, a bit of a tall order these days.

My Galaxy S-4 will probably need to be replaced sometime soon. Has trouble holding a charge very long, reception can be iffy

N has one of these, and is holding out as long as possible. She wants a smartphone about the same size as the S4 so that it can fit in her pocket easily, a bit of a tall order these days.

I recently moved from S4 to S7. Same depth/width; just a smidge longer.

I finally got a smartphone

The iphone SE is a smaller version of the iphone 6.