• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• splinky

• hollywood

• mongo_jones

• Wilfrid1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to the DMV to get a learners permit this morning. That was the first annoyance: that although my UK license is perfectly OK for driving in the US (as long as I’m not a resident), it is not suff

My new cowboy boots hurt my feet. I know I have to go through a breaking-in phase, but in the meantime my left pinky toe is cursing at me non-stop.

Being afraid to switch my elderly computer off in case it decides never to boot up properly again   v

Posted Images

Front landscaping just went in...it looks awful. For some reason our landscaper decided a few (very large and very expensive) round boxwoods would look great scattered around the front of the house. Ugh. They look like magical creatures about to come alive from one of my daughter's cartoons.

The amount of stupid shit that is said to be a on daily basis boggles the mind. Talking to an employees spouse, katz’s Deli is a must. They have pastrami, really delicious but I really like the set up where you are giving a ticket and it’s marked at eat station, your ticket is tallied at the end and you have to pay cash.

“Figures Jews would make you pay cash”

You know I am fucking Jewish right?

Oh, oh I didn’t mean anything by it.

Well it sounds like you do.

It’s had almost been a month without any antisemeitc remarks, we were doing so well.

So this morning around 9 am I hear a loud crash. I think, wow, that must be right in front of my house. Well, almost...it was into the corner of my house  :angry:  :angry:  :angry: . I go out and there is a big white BMW that had popped the curb, ripped through some landscaping, torn up some pavers and smashed into the stacked stone and stucco front of the house. The guy is out cold and trapped by the airbag.

Call our security people and 911. He wakes up and wants to get out of the car. I tell him to stay put in case he's seriously hurt. Security arrives. The stupid guard finds out he doesn't have his license. She tells him to call his GF (they live down the street) to bring it. Unfortunately she arrives license in hand before the police do. Ambulance arrives. He declines medical care and wants to bolt. The car wasn't going anywhere. But he might have been able to hide long enough to sober up. Thankfully the Metro PD shows up. He's obviously 'impaired'. Officer asks where he coming from--and he answers a 'night of clubbing'  :ph43r: .  Fails the field sobriety test and ends up handcuffed and transported to jail (thank you karma).

The spot he hit comprises the joining of two of the walls of my wine cellar. I am expecting carnage. But thankfully, not a single bottle hit the floor. Good thing because I will need some wine tonight. He does not have insurance. And I am afraid there is some structural damage. Including a waterline to the 2nd floor. So much for restful two days before I have to head back to Tuscaloosa. 

It could've been much worse though. Middle school aged kids go past my house on the way to the school bus pickup point down the road. Half an hour earlier and I hate to think what could have happened...