• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• splinky

• hollywood

• mongo_jones

• Wilfrid1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to the DMV to get a learners permit this morning. That was the first annoyance: that although my UK license is perfectly OK for driving in the US (as long as I’m not a resident), it is not suff

My new cowboy boots hurt my feet. I know I have to go through a breaking-in phase, but in the meantime my left pinky toe is cursing at me non-stop.

Being afraid to switch my elderly computer off in case it decides never to boot up properly again   v

Posted Images

Our temperature-controlled kettles keep crapping out after a year or so of (admittedly heavy) use, and they're not cheap.  Sur La Table does sell a fancy temp-controlled gooseneck kettle, so we might get that for coffeemaking (possibly tea too) and will definitely buy a basic stovetop kettle for everything else. 

Just received an Instagram message from some old

“Regular”. He was asking me to ship him something from meks. I was all ready to do it until he mentioned he just moved to Manhattan. I was thinking, ok ohio, of course. Out of town, out of the country, all reasonable. But Manhattan, yeh, come say hello.

Our temperature-controlled kettles keep crapping out after a year or so of (admittedly heavy) use, and they're not cheap.  Sur La Table does sell a fancy temp-controlled gooseneck kettle, so we might get that for coffeemaking (possibly tea too) and will definitely buy a basic stovetop kettle for everything else. 

We ended up getting a Cuisinart electric kettle.  It has some preset temp settings but you can't set your own temp, which is why we'd never gotten before even though we'd looked at it a bunch.  Wish us luck with it, and I can anti-recommend Bonavita because they're just not made well.

N came home last night with a nice crack in her windshield from a rock that was kicked up by a truck on the highway.  Today's repair job cost $500 which is as cheap as we could get it.  So, lots more bean meals in the future.

Did I mention how much I love having a Bay Area house, 2 cars, and now a cat?? $$$$$$$$$$$$