ETA 4 days until power restored. Now to find friends with power and freezer space....

1. We have ants, super tiny ones, in the living room, and maybe elsewhere as well, but I haven't seen those yet.

2. In a get-rid-of-the-ants frenzy, I took the coffee table (it's the busted-up marble thing that's in almost every picture I post on "Supper") and hosed it down in the bathtub, and then vacuumed the living room. This was at 10pm last night. Luckily, the neighbors who share our living room wall are out of town.

3. We still have ants, so I decided to tape a trap to the bottom of the coffee table (to keep it more or less away from the cat) and in the process of flipping the table, the top came apart and now I can't get its several pieces back into the frame. I've had to do this before - set up the top upside down on the floor, put the frame top of it, and then flip the whole thing upright. But the marble is in too many pieces now. And it's heavy. Eh.