• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• splinky

• hollywood

• mongo_jones

• Wilfrid1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to the DMV to get a learners permit this morning. That was the first annoyance: that although my UK license is perfectly OK for driving in the US (as long as I’m not a resident), it is not suff

My new cowboy boots hurt my feet. I know I have to go through a breaking-in phase, but in the meantime my left pinky toe is cursing at me non-stop.

Being afraid to switch my elderly computer off in case it decides never to boot up properly again   v

Posted Images

3 hours ago, small h said:

Winter is coming, so cat-shaped lumps are in season. You'll also find them when there are loud Zoom meetings going on in other rooms of the house. Bed = Cone of Silence.

We keep a top sheet on the bed so that the cats can sleep on the bed without us having to clean the comforter every week.  One of our cats likes to hide under the sheet, but on the floor.

33 minutes ago, StephanieL said:

One of our cats likes to hide under the sheet, but on the floor.

Ours likes to do that in order to swat the unsuspecting passerby. We call it "troll under the bed." Tablecloths are also useful.

IMG_5959.jpg.fa34ed7a8d2acd44cd1bb6793f218165.jpg

• Haha 1
On 10/28/2020 at 1:33 PM, StephanieL said:

Managed to somehow twist my knee while doing nothing but sitting.

Totally understand and empathize.    Several years ago I managed to dislocate my hip while sitting, alone, in my hotel room, ln Paris, with the key in the lock so hotel staff couldn't get in to help.    A mini-survival, self-help epiphany ensued

Apologies in advance for this rant....

I just completed my 5th flight of a total of 12 which will span 20 days. Currently in the Atlanta airport awaiting the next flight. How I am not in jail could be a certifiable miracle. While I haven’t seen anything like some of the videos of travelers punching out flight attendants yet, I have never seen SO much selfish, ignorant behavior.

I have seen passengers telling FAs COVID is a hoax. I have seen passengers tell FAs their freedom is being encroached upon. People intentionally encroaching on those who social distance to make them uncomfortable. I have seen FAs give “one more warning before I write you up for not wearing your mask properly” so many times I’ve lost count. Not to mention masks not worn, half worn etc. people being intentionally

All that to say, if you are thinking about flying any time soon (especially the holidays), don’t. It is not a pleasant experience on any level.

[/rant]

• Thanks 1

Husband has this ongoing fantasy of returning to France in the spring.    So not going to happen, but I let him dream.    I’m the one who books the tickets so I have no worry about his going off the deep end.

The France/Parishe envisions doesn’t exist at the moment...or in the upcoming spring.

And that's a big reason why we decided months ago to not go back East for Thanksgiving.  I still have credit on Alaska Airlines that's good until February, but I don't think I'm going to get to take advantage of that.  Maybe things will be better by next September so that I can go to NOLA for Coffee Expo.

We have in SF what is called BIC, Big Item Collection.     Twice a year you can order curbside removal of bulky items.   Husband just returned from picking up papers to see a clean classic mid-Century Wedgewood range waiting for the dump truck.   Heartbreak.