• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• splinky

• hollywood

• mongo_jones

• Wilfrid1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to the DMV to get a learners permit this morning. That was the first annoyance: that although my UK license is perfectly OK for driving in the US (as long as I’m not a resident), it is not suff

My new cowboy boots hurt my feet. I know I have to go through a breaking-in phase, but in the meantime my left pinky toe is cursing at me non-stop.

Being afraid to switch my elderly computer off in case it decides never to boot up properly again   v

Posted Images

So, the Eco-marketers have sold us on unscented laundry detergent.  And, it seems, they've also sold us on laundry scent crystals, to add the scent back when using unscented laundry detergent.

I'm waiting for scent-free hair products in upscale salons.   To me, a no brainer.    Most of the clients either spend a fortune on good perfume or on scent free products, then go to the salon and are shampood, conditioned and sprayed with god-awful cheap, tacky scented but expensive product.    Years ago i learned to "Just say no " to salon product after the lightest scent shampoo possible.. 

• 2 weeks later...

Catalytic converter stolen off our car during the night.    We "talked" about having an anti-theft device installed, but....   Seems like a no-brainer on the next one since "they'll be back".

On 2/8/2021 at 11:14 AM, voyager said:

Catalytic converter stolen off our car during the night.    We "talked" about having an anti-theft device installed, but....   Seems like a no-brainer on the next one since "they'll be back".

Seems you're in good company -

Thieves Nationwide Are Slithering Under Cars, Swiping Catalytic Converters

Times gets it completely wrong why Palladium prices have gone nuts. The biggest producer (Norilsk) basically cornered the market with the participation of the russian government.  Platinum, the substitute and co-product has gone no where for years.  Just the South Africans dominate that, not the Russians.

• 4 weeks later...

Kaiser is now requiring appointments for routine lab work, and limited (if any) Saturday hours.  So like a schmuck I dutifully made a mid-morning appointment, got to the Kaiser facility 10 minutes ahead of schedule, and was confronted with a 45-minute wait in the outdoors.  No thanks.  Had to make a new appointment at a different facility for right after opening (one further away), and I'm hoping I don't have to wait yet again.  All this for a #^$#$ blood draw.

The contents of my personal Gmail inbox has vanished, leaving only what I have not yet read. Labeled emails are still there; sent emails are still there. The missing emails (about 70 of them) are not in the trash, and I have no filters enabled. A malware scan came up clean. My work Gmail is fine. This is not a tragedy - nothing was terribly important, just stuff I intended to read at some later date. But it is weird, and troubling.