• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• splinky

• hollywood

• mongo_jones

• Wilfrid1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to the DMV to get a learners permit this morning. That was the first annoyance: that although my UK license is perfectly OK for driving in the US (as long as I’m not a resident), it is not suff

My new cowboy boots hurt my feet. I know I have to go through a breaking-in phase, but in the meantime my left pinky toe is cursing at me non-stop.

Being afraid to switch my elderly computer off in case it decides never to boot up properly again   v

Posted Images

23 hours ago, StephanieL said:

Kicked off Christmas Eve with a nasty reaction to shingles vaccine #2, complete with a dizzy spell and fall.  After a couple of hours in the ER and a dose of electrolytes, I'm feeling better.  And at least I don't have COVID, the flu, or actual shingles.

It occurs to me, no med training, that drinking 8 or so oz water before any vaccine might be a good idea.   This is my synthesis of a handful of md throw away lines tucked in vaccine advice.

Constantly discovering little new screw-ups that our kitchen workers did.  Yesterday, it was a leaking sink drain (we now have a plastic tray under the sink to catch the water) and a drawer handle put on skew.  A few days ago, it was the pantry door put on wrong.

Also, not a worker issue but a general pain: the front door is so stuck that we can't use it to get in.  It's been a problem for a while and N's been trying to fix it, but now we have to bite the bullet and get a new front door.  And our vacuum cleaner picked now to stop working properly.  Sigh......

• 2 weeks later...

So I FINALLY get another physical therapy appointment for my stupid hip, and it will have to be virtual I because a tested positive for COVID four days ago. I'm completely asymptomatic (and will hopefully stay that way), but rules are rules. Grrrrr.

Obviously, I know this is the right thing. I'm just pissed off. And my hip hurts.

9 minutes ago, small h said:

So I FINALLY get another physical therapy appointment for my stupid hip....

.... And my hip hurts.

I missed earlier chapters of this story.    What's with your hip?    

Sympathies in any event.

Arthritis and hip dysplasia, like an old German shepherd. I got a steroid shot which did nothing but scare me - that is one big needle! And I'm also not a good candidate for a hip replacement (not that I want one, but my dad's had two), because I've had back surgery.

Thanks for the sympathy - I appreciate it. I'm feeling sorry for myself even though I know I'm extremely lucky, COVID-wise. Medium-sized H tested negative, which is even better news.

I personally sympathize with the hip pain. I remember when my ball was so smashed into the socket that one leg was visibly shorter than the other. I would wish a replacement for you but I see the problem.

3 minutes ago, Sneakeater said:

I've heard that sweet Riesling is sovereign for a bum hip.

I am getting to the point at which I might actually drink it, if it would help.

36 minutes ago, Wilfrid said:

I remember when my ball was so smashed into the socket that one leg was visibly shorter than the other.

Gah! That sounds like no fun at all.

3 hours ago, small h said:

Gah! That sounds like no fun at all.

It was not. I hope you find a solution. 

I remember shortly before my replacement Sneak and I saw Nellie McKay at Le Poisson Rouge, planned dinner at Noreetuh, normally a brisk refreshing walk. But it was impossible for me and I dragged him into a cab.

5 minutes ago, Wilfrid said:

I remember shortly before my replacement Sneak and I saw Nellie McKay at Le Poisson Rouge, planned dinner at Noreetuh, normally a brisk refreshing walk. But it was impossible for me and I dragged him into a cab.

It really sucks. Not all days are bad, but some days (today, for instance), I can't even sit cross-legged, which is something I normally do a lot.

I'm glad you were able to get a replacement.