• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• splinky

• hollywood

• mongo_jones

• Wilfrid1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to the DMV to get a learners permit this morning. That was the first annoyance: that although my UK license is perfectly OK for driving in the US (as long as I’m not a resident), it is not suff

My new cowboy boots hurt my feet. I know I have to go through a breaking-in phase, but in the meantime my left pinky toe is cursing at me non-stop.

Being afraid to switch my elderly computer off in case it decides never to boot up properly again   v

Posted Images

1 minute ago, joethefoodie said:

I have no solutions either, but I always found oxycodone helpful.

I love oxy as much as the next gal, but it's not something I should take when I have to use my brain for stuff, which unfortunately is most days.

I'm sure you've seen the best of the best, but with improvements in hip surgery coming on board almost daily, please do not give up on the possibility of a technique that will work for you.     You are young; decades of pain is a really bad prognosis.    

FWIW, I've had three: left, right, then preemptive revision of left after 10years because prothesis had history of decomposing.   No pain or physical limitations today.   

36 minutes ago, voyager said:

please do not give up on the possibility of a technique that will work for you.

I won't, thank you. The mister keeps trying to get me to see another surgeon who will give me another answer, but in my experience surgeons are more likely to want to cut than not, so the fact that this guy said not speaks volumes. But you're right, I've probably got another couple of decades on the planet, and I definitely want to be able to walk well for at least most of that time.

Good to know that your procedures were so successful! That is heartening.

7 hours ago, small h said:

Arthritis and hip dysplasia, like an old German shepherd. I got a steroid shot which did nothing but scare me - that is one big needle! And I'm also not a good candidate for a hip replacement (not that I want one, but my dad's had two), because I've had back surgery.

Thanks for the sympathy - I appreciate it. I'm feeling sorry for myself even though I know I'm extremely lucky, COVID-wise. Medium-sized H tested negative, which is even better news.

sorry about the hip. i always watch the injection on the big screen but i always ask to watch any procedures one is  allowed to be awake for. i find the injections very hit or miss (quite literally) i do enjoy canadian strength voltaren gel. 

24 minutes ago, small h said:

I won't, thank you. The mister keeps trying to get me to see another surgeon who will give me another answer, but in my experience surgeons are more likely to want to cut than not, so the fact that this guy said not speaks volumes. But you're right, I've probably got another couple of decades on the planet, and I definitely want to be able to walk well for at least most of that time.

Good to know that your procedures were so successful! That is heartening.

I am with the mister. A dear friend with hips that were majorly damaged by arthritis (and abuse from years of sports) just had his 2nd hip replacement on Wednesday. He's had multiple major back surgeries (including fusions). The first replacement made an amazing change in his quality of life. The 2nd went perfectly. The surgeon was thrilled with the results. So as long as my friend does the pt etc. he should be back to being able to have a normal life. And as an fyi-I'm sure he is much older than you. And, over the course of his life abused his body way more than you have.

• Thanks 1
40 minutes ago, Evelyn said:

Um, how is that insulting?

He's probably giving me credit (or blame) for being ridden hard and put away wet. Metaphorically. But I'm much more conscientious now. Mostly.

Thanks for the info about your friend. Maybe I will make some more inquiries. I still go to bed every night hoping that I'll somehow be magically better in the morning.