I recently watched a televised hearing where a witness couldn't recall anything except their name. Hilarious. Further details would be political.

Extra anecdote: When I was "in the law," we prepped a witness for deposition who was, by nature, a very cautious man. He was advised that he could always ask for a question to be repeated.

Day of deposition, other side's lawyer starts out with "Can you please state your name." Long pause. Our witness: "Could you repeat the question please." Air out of other side's lawyer's balloon :D

• Replies 28.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• splinky

• hollywood

• mongo_jones

• Wilfrid1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to the DMV to get a learners permit this morning. That was the first annoyance: that although my UK license is perfectly OK for driving in the US (as long as I’m not a resident), it is not suff

My new cowboy boots hurt my feet. I know I have to go through a breaking-in phase, but in the meantime my left pinky toe is cursing at me non-stop.

Being afraid to switch my elderly computer off in case it decides never to boot up properly again   v

Posted Images

So now there's a sriracha shortage.  Apparently this was due to blazing hot sun scorching the peppers in their Mexican fields.

Alternately, the RG cartel may have cornered the pepper market and is going to make us all pay handsomely.

• Haha 1

Say you're feeling queasy, and you have the choice of either

a) puking on a wooden floor, or

b) puking into a cloth cat bed full of mostly cloth cat toys.

Which would you choose?

If you chose a), congratulations! you are not my cat.

• Sad 1

Awww! Poor kitty! I've never understood why cats prefer to throw up on soft things. Are they afraid hard surfaces will hurt the vomit?

I still remember the time my cat threw up in her cone of shame. Literally up. The cone freaked her out, and when she started to gag, she lifted her head up and the vomit went up out of mouth and down into the cone. I didn't make her wear it after that. 

I had to go out to Lawrence this morning to pay a shiva call. It took me over 2.5 hours to get there. Including about 40 minutes to travel about 1.5 miles on Nassau Expressway/Rockaway Turnpike. This was leaving Manhattan at 9:15 in the morning. (It took 2 hours to drive to Atlantic Beach at the end of June, but that was at rush hour)

And then, I hit the storm driving back. I'm never leaving Manhattan AGAIN!!!!!

14 minutes ago, bloviatrix said:

I had to go out to Lawrence this morning to pay a shiva call. It took me over 2.5 hours to get there. Including about 40 minutes to travel about 1.5 miles on Nassau Expressway/Rockaway Turnpike. This was leaving Manhattan at 9:15 in the morning. (It took 2 hours to drive to Atlantic Beach at the end of June, but that was at rush hour)

And then, I hit the storm driving back. I'm never leaving Manhattan AGAIN!!!!!

it was weird everyone was heading towards the beach, today. every eastbound LIRR train was full  of beach people i got caught in that collecting the kid from brooklyn. sigh

17 minutes ago, splinky said:

it was weird everyone was heading towards the beach, today. every eastbound LIRR train was full  of beach people i got caught in that collecting the kid from brooklyn. sigh

It wasn't beach traffic that held us up on Rockaway. It was roadwork - they had 2 of 3 lanes closed for all of 20 feet for construction it caused a major clusterfuck.

26 minutes ago, joethefoodie said:

Good luck, and stay away from ladders.

Thanks. Unfortunately, there's one leading to the loft that I probably have to ascend at least once. But it's not the sort of ladder that falls over, and I plan on being extremely careful.

16 minutes ago, small h said:

Thanks. Unfortunately, there's one leading to the loft that I probably have to ascend at least once. But it's not the sort of ladder that falls over, and I plan on being extremely careful.

Do you ever descend that ladder? Or do you just stay up there for the duration?

Anyway, with all the new hips in your family, it should be fun!

17 hours ago, small h said:

Say you're feeling queasy, and you have the choice of either

a) puking on a wooden floor, or

b) puking into a cloth cat bed full of mostly cloth cat toys.

Which would you choose?

If you chose a), congratulations! you are not my cat.

My cats like to choose what little carpeting we have.