• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• splinky

• hollywood

• mongo_jones

• Wilfrid1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to the DMV to get a learners permit this morning. That was the first annoyance: that although my UK license is perfectly OK for driving in the US (as long as I’m not a resident), it is not suff

My new cowboy boots hurt my feet. I know I have to go through a breaking-in phase, but in the meantime my left pinky toe is cursing at me non-stop.

Being afraid to switch my elderly computer off in case it decides never to boot up properly again   v

Posted Images

Lost half my index fingernail on my left hand. Throbbing while typing, and typing slowly and inaccurately. Gak.

May I state the obvious? Get off the computer and get to the hospital, quick. :rolleyes:

FingerNAIL, not finger!! It will be fine, I'm sure.

United Airlines. Memo to airline staff: please tell us the truth, i.e. that La Guardia is fogged in and that even when the fog lifts there will still be massive delays and that therefore our 7:30 flight will not be taking off until 10 PM. That way at least we can go sit in TGI Friday's (in the 'dining concourse' of lovely Dulles International Airport) and drink bourbon and watch football while attempting to choke down the vile,vile food. Please do that as an alternative to telling us over the course of almost three hours that we are next in line, that the plane is at the gate, and that we should 'stretch your legs' and come back to the gate in a half hour.

My surviving cat managed, heaven only knows how, to find and ingest a very long piece of ribbon. She was rushed to the veterinary hospital last night and is going to be fine, but the treatment is costing around $600. I suppose I should be grateful the silly thing didn't repeat her trick of several years ago when she ate yards of string and was brought back to health to the tune of over $2,000.

OK people. It's gonna be a slow week at the office, where I am stuck while my relatives and friends run around Europe, Florida and Mexico. A long, slow, envious week, from which I need some distraction. So let's pick up the pace of the posts, K?

This is only minorly my annoyance, mostly it's my roommate's:

As a Christmas present my roommates parents gave her sister a surprise trip to New York for New Years. To stay with my roommate, be taken around by her, and generally be entertained for 5 days. Unfortunately it was also a surprise for my roommate (and by extension a surprise for me).

Surprise!

The thoughtlessness of this is staggering.

This is only minorly my annoyance, mostly it's my roommate's:

As a Christmas present my roommates parents gave her sister a surprise trip to New York for New Years. To stay with my roommate, be taken around by her, and generally be entertained for 5 days. Unfortunately it was also a surprise for my roommate (and by extension a surprise for me).

Surprise!

The thoughtlessness of this is staggering.

There's a fine line between surprise and imposition.

This is so far over the line I can't believe it. The present was given to the sister, but it's the roommate who has to honor it, with no advance warning. In addition the sister is a very difficult, high maintenance guest and the parents are not paying for my roommate, who is now obliged to wine, dine and entertain her sister on her own expense. For the sister it may be a present, but for my roommate it's a white elephant.