It's raining. We're off work & have theater tkts tonite. Was planning on walking around Manhattan this afternoon, window shopping and finally seeing "the tree". Guess we'll get wet. What a woos (wus? wusse?) I've become. :rolleyes:

• Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• splinky

• hollywood

• mongo_jones

• Wilfrid1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to the DMV to get a learners permit this morning. That was the first annoyance: that although my UK license is perfectly OK for driving in the US (as long as I’m not a resident), it is not suff

My new cowboy boots hurt my feet. I know I have to go through a breaking-in phase, but in the meantime my left pinky toe is cursing at me non-stop.

Being afraid to switch my elderly computer off in case it decides never to boot up properly again   v

Posted Images

This is so far over the line I can't believe it. The present was given to the sister, but it's the roommate who has to honor it, with no advance warning. In addition the sister is a very difficult, high maintenance guest and the parents are not paying for my roommate, who is now obliged to wine, dine and entertain her sister on her own expense. For the sister it may be a present, but for my roommate it's a white elephant.

I would be so pissed if I were you. Five days is a long time! I would lay into her parents BIG TIME. But that's just me.

This is so far over the line I can't believe it.

I'm with you. I was uh-oh being sarcastic. Maybe it's time to retreat to the island in the middle of the lake/sea?

Flint, Michigan, is in the middle of the Great Lakes. You can come

and live with me. Very low-maintenance old guy. And a great kisser.

Got room for one more?

Last night at work I spilled a mixing bowl full of 2 lbs. cocoa powder and 2 lbs. granulated sugar all over the floor of my station. When it hit the floor it made a mushroom cloud, and, like radiation, it will continue to linger at my station for years and years.

I'm with you. I was uh-oh being sarcastic. Maybe it's time to retreat to the island in the middle of the lake/sea?

Got room for one more?

Absitively. Bring Champagne. Three glasses.

Got room for one more?

Absitively. Bring Champagne. Three glasses.

Liza's coming? I'm there. Just the other day I saw a roundtrip from Newark to Flint for $168. Wanna come to New York?

How did the parents know your roommate was going to be in town for the five days in question?

Or that I didn't already have guests coming? A 420 sq foot apartment with 1 futon isn't big enough for multiple guests.

I would be so pissed if I were you. Five days is a long time!

I told my roommate it wasn't a big problem for me but that I wanted her to tell her parents that I was really angry and they couldn't pull something like this again. Frankly I think they should offer to pay for me to join the sisters at a very nice dinner to make up for the imposition, but I fear that's hoping for too much.

Oh for SURE they should front you the dinner. And slip you a couple Valium's for the inconvenience, which of course we read as "in-con-ween-yence".

Can I just mention that my supposed-blood-relative-brother has just gifted his nephew, my son, with a $5 piece-of-sh*t-fake-Thomas-the-Tank-Engine train? Same said brother receives of all of same said son's hand-me-downs for HIS sons? :rolleyes:

insane fucking wind all night long. howled and rattled windows so loudly, and set off so many car alarms that we barely got any sleep.

And the wind blows on today. . .

Weird weather this morning. Forecast–high '50's, windy; a not atypical January day.

A couple of hours ago, the sky turned black; a rainbow appeared, then heavy rain and thunder that lasted for 10 or 15 minutes.

The sky then turned cloudless, deep blue; the wind's from the west, 20 mph, gusts up to 50 or so.

edit: Annoyances isn't really the right place for this post, but that's where it landed.

Edited by fml

I seem to keep getting not-quite-sick. I don't feel lousy enough to justify spending the day – or even a few hours – in bed, just achey and without any energy to do more than the bare minimum.

I seem to keep getting not-quite-sick. I don't feel lousy enough to justify spending the day – or even a few hours – in bed, just achey and without any energy to do more than the bare minimum.

I hear ya, GG.

Two words: bladder infection. No sugar, caffeine, or alcohol. I couldn't have my tea this morning.

Well, tea would have been nicer than a big stiff shot of cranberry concentrate in water, and anything would be nicer than these oppressive drugs I'm on.

I'm gonna go make a pot of beans for comfort food, and see what else I have the energy for. Not much, I'll bet.

Do you remember when Fedex was one of those companies "beyond reproach"? Everything they did was great, fast and accurate. They lost one fo my shipments and I feel like I'm dealing with the circus. One hand doesn't know what they other is doing and I'm having to jump through hoops to file a claim. Wait a minute- didn't they screw up the delivery? Why am I doing all the work here?