Speaking of deliveries...

A week before X-mas, my husband's father sends us (as is his wont this time of year) a box of Larry & David pears. Tells us it's coming, we thank him. Nothing happens for 5 days. He calls L&D. They have a record of a UPS pickup, nothing more. UPS doesn't know what happened to it but the package never made it to NYC.

OK, take two. "They are sending a replacement." Again we wait - those are some juicy pears - nothing. Dad calls L&D, gets a tracking number; supposedly the shipment has been delivered by UPS - but not to us. We find out UPS tried our bell, we weren't at home, so they rang someone in one of the adjoining buildings (we don't know which one) who accepted the package and signed for it. WITHOUT ANYONE BOTHERING TO NOTIFY US - either the UPS guy or our neighbor (whom we don't know.) This happened last Thursday. We found out today.

We have the approximate spelling of the thief's last name, so we'll figure out who s/he is sooner or later.

So, either one of our neighbors has been snacking on our pears, or they are rotting away somewhere. I am a little annoyed. [GIGANTIC UNDERSTATEMENT]

• Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• splinky

• hollywood

• mongo_jones

• Wilfrid1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to the DMV to get a learners permit this morning. That was the first annoyance: that although my UK license is perfectly OK for driving in the US (as long as I’m not a resident), it is not suff

My new cowboy boots hurt my feet. I know I have to go through a breaking-in phase, but in the meantime my left pinky toe is cursing at me non-stop.

Being afraid to switch my elderly computer off in case it decides never to boot up properly again   v

Posted Images

Speaking of deliveries...

A week before X-mas, my husband's father sends us (as is his wont this time of year) a box of Larry & David pears. Tells us it's coming, we thank him.  Nothing happens for 5 days.  He calls L&D.  They have a record of a UPS pickup, nothing more.  UPS doesn't know what happened to it but the package never made it to NYC.

OK, take two. "They are sending a replacement."  Again we wait - those are some juicy pears - nothing.  Dad calls L&D, gets a tracking number; supposedly the shipment has been delivered by UPS - but not to us.  We find out UPS tried our bell, we weren't at home, so they rang someone in one of the adjoining buildings (we don't know which one) who accepted the package and signed for it. WITHOUT ANYONE  BOTHERING TO NOTIFY US - either the UPS guy or our neighbor (whom we don't know.) This happened last Thursday.  We found out today.

We have the approximate spelling of the thief's last name, so we'll figure out who s/he is sooner or later.

So, either one of our neighbors has been snacking on our pears, or they are rotting away somewhere.  I am a little annoyed. [GIGANTIC UNDERSTATEMENT]

Isn't it Harry & David? And isn't Larry David the star of "Curb Your Enthusiasm"?

My daughter's iPod was delivered to my next-door neighbors' house. They claimed they never got it. Since they had two bikes stolen off their front deck, who's to say? I hate it. I'm kind of glad they moved, though, since I don't have to pretend not to know that FedEx told me that they left it there.

Edited by tanabutler

Harry & David, of course. I always picture them as a crunchy, well-groomed gay couple (sort of like the guys from Stonewall Kitchen), but am told they are/were not.

Yeah, Larry David *should* send me some pears for watching the horrible last episode of the last season. The one with his star turn in The Producers.

I still think he made it so abominable just to test what he'll get away with.

The in-general-a-pain-in-the-ass coworker who gave half the office the flu a couple of weeks ago has a new ring tone on her mobile phone. I had thought nothing could be worse than Take My Breath Away (yup, from Top Gun :rolleyes: ) but she has achieved a new low with the Waltz of the Flowers from The Nutcracker.

In a completely ridiculous Bugs Bunny moment today, I slipped while completing my crossing of a busy intersection, tipped over and thudded brain-first into a brick wall. I heard a bit of a crunch (neck-related) and then I was sitting on the sidewalk, surrounded by a fairly large group of onlookers, most who were trying to figure out whether to laugh out loud or call an ambulance. Two fellows insisted on walking with me a few blocks to make sure I was okay. Fortunately I had on a knitted hat that helped to block the impact, and I didn't bite my tongue.

I do actually seem to be okay, several hours later (although I have a lump and my neck is still sore and will probably be worse tomorrow), but am annoyed that I didn't see it happen :rolleyes:

Fly