• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• splinky

• hollywood

• mongo_jones

• Wilfrid1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to the DMV to get a learners permit this morning. That was the first annoyance: that although my UK license is perfectly OK for driving in the US (as long as I’m not a resident), it is not suff

My new cowboy boots hurt my feet. I know I have to go through a breaking-in phase, but in the meantime my left pinky toe is cursing at me non-stop.

Being afraid to switch my elderly computer off in case it decides never to boot up properly again   v

Posted Images

Judging from the pain emanating from a recently excavated molar, I sense a root canal coming on. In a way, I'm looking forward to it, since the affected (infected?) tooth is making me sick all over.

Pain from a "recently excavated molar"? (I'm not sure what you mean) Frankly, having just gone through it all recently, the root canal surgery is a relative blip on the screen. Being free of unexpected bouts of icky pain is quite nice,

I had a 30+ year old metal filling drilled out and replaced with plastic. But there was some decay under the old filling, and I suspect the drilling worked some of the bacteria into the root of the tooth. I'm not much bothered about root canals; I've already had 3. And if it gets that rot out of my system, I'm all for it. I'll be dosing up on Vicodin until I can get it done, though; the pain's gotten pretty bad (can't chew at all on that side of my mouth).

Judging from the pain emanating from a recently excavated molar, I sense a root canal coming on. In a way, I'm looking forward to it, since the affected (infected?) tooth is making me sick all over.

Pain from a "recently excavated molar"? (I'm not sure what you mean) Frankly, having just gone through it all recently, the root canal surgery is a relative blip on the screen. Being free of unexpected bouts of icky pain is quite nice,

I had a root canal about a year ago and I agree. I was expecting the worst kind of pain and it really wasn't bad at all.

I had a root canal July 2006 and although they swear to me they took out all the root, put in what looked like quilting pins and did it all up with a beautiful crown no one will ever really see. However the infection that started the whole thing sort of travelled around my body on its own little holiday tour for MONTHS. The infection manifested in a number of ways, one of which was a bout of what felt like rheumatoid arthritis and two trips to the emergency room with good old-fashioned blood poisoning. Acupuncture to boost my immune system finally sent the on-going symptoms packing and I've felt fine since February.

So, take your antibiotics as prescribed and keep your fingers crossed.

I just discovered a neti-pot. Have you tried that? You put warm water and a saline solution in this thing and stick it up your nose, it goes through your sinus cavity and come out the other nostril. It's something you should do alone, if you know what I mean and I think you do. It flushes away many allergens and you breath easy.

I actually bought one of the waterpik-like electric versions and used it a few times. Didn't seem to help me much, but the cats were enthralled by the process.

Joan, that's kinda horrifying. I'm glad you're okay now.

I had a root canal about a year ago and I agree. I was expecting the worst kind of pain and it really wasn't bad at all.

I thought that when I had root canals on a couple of upper teeth. I couldn't understand what all the fuss was about. Then I had one on a molar. Oh my goodness. Fortunately my dentist hands out Vicodin prescriptions with every root canal so I had some on hand.

The root canal on the molar was an emergency one, on a Friday afternoon. I was woozy from pain, nitrous oxide and novocaine. But I had tickets to see U2 that night. I washed down a Vicodin with a glass of champagne and somehow muddled through. :blush:

I thought that when I had root canals on a couple of upper teeth. I couldn't understand what all the fuss was about. Then I had one on a molar. Oh my goodness. Fortunately my dentist hands out Vicodin prescriptions with every root canal so I had some on hand.

The root canal on the molar was an emergency one, on a Friday afternoon. I was woozy from pain, nitrous oxide and novocaine. But I had tickets to see U2 that night. I washed down a Vicodin with a glass of champagne and somehow muddled through. :blush:

Your strength is an inspiration.

I just discovered a neti-pot. Have you tried that? You put warm water and a saline solution in this thing and stick it up your nose, it goes through your sinus cavity and come out the other nostril. It's something you should do alone, if you know what I mean and I think you do. It flushes away many allergens and you breath easy.

I actually bought one of the waterpik-like electric versions and used it a few times. Didn't seem to help me much, but the cats were enthralled by the process.

Joan, that's kinda horrifying. I'm glad you're okay now.

From the root canal or listening to Steve talk about the neti-pot thing? :lol:

Thank you, Cathy! :)

technically speaking it's not racist....it's someone admitting a fact against their pre-existing racist stereotype.

The stereotype is racist. Technically.

that's why I called it a "pre-existing racist stereotype"

I can't say I've ever seen more than ten seconds of O'Reilly nor am I interested in seeing his show.

but I did waste my time and read the transcript. he's right. he's being taken out of context. he was specifically talking about white stereotypes of minorities and not about himself. he didn't phrase things well but if you read the entire transcript the context is very clear.

technically speaking it's not racist....it's someone admitting a fact against their pre-existing racist stereotype.

You can't spin O'Reilly. He's in the no spin cycle.

And the exception could not possibly be made without admitting the stereotype, which makes it racist. The exception cannot be asserted in a non-racist way.

If O'Reilly merely said, "Hey, all you racists out there, I want you to know that the people dining at Sylvia's are just like you," it wouldn't be racist.

What I found racist was O'Reilly's apparent suprise at learning that the people dining at Sylvia's are just like people of no color. Although perhaps we could believe he is now cured.

I have an appointment with an allergist next Wednesday, after a considerable wait. Because of the tests, I am not allowed to use antihistamines for the next week. If I could breathe without antihistamines I wouldn't need to go to the damned allergist.

Regardless of your symptoms, our ENT guy always, always includes this in the treatment.
If O'Reilly merely said, "Hey, all you racists out there, I want you to know that the people dining at Sylvia's are just like you," it wouldn't be racist.

What I found racist was O'Reilly's apparent suprise at learning that the people dining at Sylvia's are just like people of no color. Although perhaps we could believe he is now cured.

read the transcript. that's what he said. I'm serious. (you can't just read the clipped paragraph)