• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Piedmont is supposed to be famous for its beef.

But based on my unfavorable experiences with the famous Tuscan beef, I'd say the problem is probably that we Americans just don't like what Italians consider good beef.

I don't know, I had the best steak of my life in a Tuscan resturant. A Tuscan restaurant in Rome, but still.

I've had very good steaks all over north-central Italy: in Rome, Tuscany, Umbria and a really terrific steak in Ravenna. But while I love Chianina beef and that fiorentina style of steak, in general I'll take Italian veal over beef.

Ok, so 105 save the dates went out this morning. We took two taxi's to the post office and were there when they opened.. Really nice Mailman took us in the back way and helped us out.. Went above and beyond..

We sent out a bottle of Wine, moscato d'asti, from the region, we sent out a brochure offering a breakdown of 6 different hotels we toured or stayed in all close to the villa, and we sent out a little explanation of the area and of the events we have planned..

Not to mention some really shnazzy calligraphy provided by Miss Jessika.

It was a lot of work and we had a lot of help from our friends and family..

3326092954_7a50210519.jpg

Wow. What great 'invitations', though I struggle to call them that. Though the mailman may have been a great help to you, I'd say it's you guys that are going above and beyond. Very inspiring!

Sir please.. Please do not call these invitations.. That is like the guy in the Grey Pupon commercial calling it mustard. These are just a notice that there will be an invitation comming out shortly.. This is just a reserve the date, hey please come to Italy with us.. Maybe open the bottle get a buzz and buy some non-refundable tickets.

I figure calling people on the phone and saying hey, you should meet us in Italy would be enough.. Apparently, there is a protocol I am not aware of.

I figure calling people on the phone and saying hey, you should meet us in Italy would be enough.. Apparently, there is a protocol I am not aware of.

Exactly the reason you need a wife in your life...

Incredible presentation by the way, I look forward to receiving mine soon!

That is like the guy in the Grey Pupon commercial calling it mustard.

I'm so glad to see excess is still alive and well in the US.... I'm counting the days until my bottle arrives in the post... but be careful because I'll actually show up! :lol:

Ok, so 105 save the dates went out this morning. We took two taxi's to the post office and were there when they opened.. Really nice Mailman took us in the back way and helped us out.. Went above and beyond..

We sent out a bottle of Wine, moscato d'asti, from the region, we sent out a brochure offering a breakdown of 6 different hotels we toured or stayed in all close to the villa, and we sent out a little explanation of the area and of the events we have planned..

Not to mention some really shnazzy calligraphy provided by Miss Jessika.

It was a lot of work and we had a lot of help from our friends and family..

3326092954_7a50210519.jpg

Now I understand. If I was dealing with that, I'd also bitch-slap someone for flipping their shoes at me.

Wow. What great 'invitations', though I struggle to call them that. Though the mailman may have been a great help to you, I'd say it's you guys that are going above and beyond. Very inspiring!

Sir please.. Please do not call these invitations.. That is like the guy in the Grey Pupon commercial calling it mustard. These are just a notice that there will be an invitation comming out shortly.. This is just a reserve the date, hey please come to Italy with us.. Maybe open the bottle get a buzz and buy some non-refundable tickets.

Well exxcuuuseee me! I really need to trick you into befriending me.

I am baffled. What did the actual physical package/mailing look like? What kind of wine box/mailer/label/stamp?

I will take a better picture and post it.. The postage averaged something in the 4 dollar a piece range.. We went with USPS which was a lot cheaper than UPS or Fed Ex. They were in little wine shippers filled with shredded papper.. I dropped a bunch and was happy to see they were packed really well..

Because we used our own printer and made everything ourselves, we saved a lot of money.. Enough to buy bottles of wine and still come under what my friends have paid.

For the actual invitation, Miss K is in charge of the art work and design down to the stamps..Having your own in house art staff is really the way to go. Besides those pesky child labor laws, things have been going smoothly.