Celebrities in your restaurant?

It's funny that Batali is "celebrity obsessed".

I always avoid the "visiting celeb" restaurants because I know I'm paying for their (comped) meals, and generally I don't recognise them anyway :lol: Not long ago as I left a West End restaurant (not known as a celeb spot) my companion remarked to me about the three celebs he'd spotted in there. Two I'd never heard of (they were a soap star and a pop star, apparently) and the third I hadn't recognised. My companion was nevertheless very happy to have seen them, for reasons that I have never understood.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always avoid the "visiting celeb" restaurants because I know I'm paying for their (comped) meals, and generally I don't recognise them anyway :lol: Not long ago as I left a West End restaurant (not known as a celeb spot) my companion remarked to me about the three celebs he'd spotted in there. Two I'd never heard of (they were a soap star and a pop star, apparently) and the third I hadn't recognised. My companion was nevertheless very happy to have seen them, for reasons that I have never understood.

I'm with you, M.

That was one of the underlying themes in the eGullet OTTO pizza spat many years ago.

There was a concern that Batali, who allegedly devoured every post on eG, wouldn't do a Q&A if the rabble wasn't sufficiently respectful of him. So management took it upon itself to discipline the rabble (us) into constructive respect.