we have just been given an all expense paid trip to PV in 2 weeks. We will be staying north in Neuvo Vallarta at an all inclusive resort but I will absolutely want to head into town and eat when we can.

Any recommendations on the best places for lunch, dinner, cocktails and street food are appreciated. I'd like to stay away from the tourist traps if possible.

Gracias!

we have just been given an all expense paid trip to PV in 2 weeks. We will be staying north in Neuvo Vallarta at an all inclusive resort but I will absolutely want to head into town and eat when we can.

Any recommendations on the best places for lunch, dinner, cocktails and street food are appreciated. I'd like to stay away from the tourist traps if possible.

Gracias!

LMF, sorry to let you down. I don't know anything about eating in Vallarta.

Speaking of which, calling Puerto Vallarta "PV" is akin to calling San Francisco "Frisco". Here in Mexico, the only people who say PV are...well, let's just say inappropriate.

Gracias!

Here's a thread from Rancho Gordo in Puerto Vallarta. There's not much mentioned in terms of food but maybe he has more to share?

Gracias!

Here's a thread from Rancho Gordo in Puerto Vallarta. There's not much mentioned in terms of food but maybe he has more to share?

Thanks cstuart I had already read thru that which is why I posted this. ;)

Gracias!

Speaking of which, calling Puerto Vallarta "PV" is akin to calling San Francisco "Frisco". Here in Mexico, the only people who say PV are...well, let's just say inappropriate.

excuse my ignorance cristina, didn't mean to offend or be inappropriate.

Gracias!

excuse my ignorance cristina, didn't mean to offend or be inappropriate.

Oh heavens...it's not an offense, but for while you're there I thought you'd want to know. And you'll hear all the English-speaking tourists call it PV, anyway.

We spent a week at a condo in Nueva Vallarta summer of 2007. A beautiful area! But we quickly discovered the restaurant food that catered to visitors was abysmal and so cooked at home. Whatever you do, don't eat at the Brazilian churrasco style restaurant in the mall.

We did enjoy one of the day long boat trips to snorkel and visit offshore islands. Parasailing was great. Snorkeling not so great as the water was not very clear due to millions of tiny stinging jellyfish. Heh. They might be a seasonal occurence. Our best meals in Puerto Vallarta were smallish taquerias found by accident while wandering around. Which is not to say there isn't great food there, we just didn't find it.