Wilfrid1

Today I played...

Trio Medieval:  Stella Maris

Arianna Savall:   Peiwoh

Jeremy Pelt:  The Artist

Bitori:  Legend of Funaná

Guillaume Connesson:  Cello Concerto/Lucifer (Pernoo//Spinosi/Orchestre Philharmonique de Monte Carlo)

Les Délices:  Age of Indulgence

Amina Alaoui:  Arco Iris

Scriabin:  Waltzes/Nocturnes/3 Pieces/Scherzi/Mazurkas/Klavierstücke/Preludes/Fugues/Études/Impromptus/Allegro de Concert/Poéme (Valentina Lisitsa)

Matthew Shipp Trio:  Signature

Witold Lutosławski: Concerto for Orchestra (Warsaw National Philharmonic Orchestra/Witold Rowicky)

Witold Lutosławski: Paroles Tissées (Peter Pears/London Sinfonietta/Witold Lutosławski)

Witold Lutosławski: Symphony No. 3 (Berlin Philharmonic/Witold Lutosławski)

Passion Pit: "Tonight, Tonight"

Chopin: Daniil Trifonov Plays Chopin (Daniil Trifonov)

Yeah, I think it would be impossible to overstate his importance (or quality).

I'm going to post this link from the mid-'60s, because (a) most people don't know Little Richard was still great then, or (b) that Richard originated this song, or (c ) that for all the fame of many of the covers, Richard's original version blows them all away:

Didn’t know this: thanks.

Mendelssohn:  Symphony No. 1/String Symphonies Nos. 8 & 13 (Fey/Heidelberger Sinfoniker)

TEEN:  Good Fruit

Menotti:  Sebastian -- Ballet Suite//Argento:  A Royal Invitation or Homage to the Queen of Tonga//Copland:  Old American Songs:  "The Boatman's Dance"/"Long Time Ago"/"Simple Gifts"/"I Bought Me a Cat"/"Ching-a-Ring Chaw" (Polochick/Concert Artists of Baltimore) (yawn)

Prins Thomas:  Rainbow Disco Club Vol. 1

Mendelssohn:  String Symphonies Nos. 7 & 12/Symphony No. 4 "Italian" (Fey/Heidelberger Sinfoniker)

Mary Osbourne:  A Girl & Her Guitar

Amy LeVere:  Anchors & Anvils

Franz Schubert:  Operatic Overtures (Huss/Haydn Sinfonietta Wien)

Autechre:  NTS Sessions 3

Amy LeVere:  Anchors & Anvils

That woman has some dark lyrics. Been on tour recently with Luther Dickinson in a new band.

Jitka Šuranská Trio:  Divé Husy

Various:  The Original Sounds of Mali

Jeremy Gill:  Before the Wrestling Tides/Serenada Concertante/Notturno Concertante (Chris Grymes/Erin Hannigan/Ching-Yun Hu//Gil Rose/Boston Modern Orchestra Project/Marsh Chapel Choir)

The Octopus Project:  Fever Forms

How many hours in the day?

Can you listen to music and read? I can’t, which constrains my listening time. Unless it’s like Morton Feldman, who only interrupts every hour or so.

Lees:  Passacaglia for Orchestra//Perischetti:  Symphony No. 4//Michael Dougherty:  Philadelphia Stories for Orchestra:  Sundown on South Street/Hell's Angels (DePriest/Oregon Symphony)

Laura Kaminsky:  Vukovar Trio/Cadmium Yellow/Music for Arthur/Duo for Cello & Piano/Transformations/Triftmusik/Wave Hill (Ensemble Pi/Cassatt Trio)

Marilyn Crispell/Tanya Kalmanovitch/Richard Teitelbaum:  Dream Libretto (gorgeous)

Catoire:  Piano Trio/Elegy/Piano Quartet (Room-Music)