Today I played...

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Van Morrison, The Healing Game. One of his later albums, but with some great tracks - the title track, The Burning Ground and This Once Was My Life (with Georgie Fame's call-and-response backing voca

God what an innocent I was (am) - never realised the Sweetest Girl was about H. Will have to try to find my copy now and listen again. And Jacques Derrida - Scritti Politti changed my life - in a sm

Liza, That song you mentioned a while back (you asked if you were crazy to like it), the band's name escapes me, well it's on the radio all the time now and now I like it. (They remind me of Meatloaf,

Posted Images

Lana del Rey:  Norman Fucking Rockwell!

Anna Gourari:  Elusive Affinity (music for solo piano by Vivaldi-Bach/Schnitkke/Kancheli/Shchedrin/Pärt/Rihm/Marcello-Bach) (what a gorgeous record)

Quelle Chris:  Guns (great!)

Capricornus:  Jubilus Bernhardi (Meineke/The Bach Choir of Holy Trinity/ACRONYM)

Brad Mehldau:  Finding Gabriel

Jeri Southern:  The Warm Singing Style of Jeri Southern:  The Complete Capitol Recordings 1958-1959

Schubert:  Die Nacht (Anja Lechner/Pedro Márquez)

Ravi Shankar:  The Master (Disc 2:  Homage to Mahatma Gandhi)

Mozart:  Piano Concertos Nos. 20 & 21 (Schiff//Vegh/Camerata Accademica des Mozarteums Salzburg)

Iggy Pop:  Free

Various:  La Involvidable y Añorada Trova Yucateca

Doors:  Strange Days (awful)

Beethoven:  String Quartets Nos. 7-9 "Razumovsky Quartets Nos. 1-3", 10 & 11 (Artemis Quartet)

Ingrid Laubrock/Sylvie Courvoisier/Mark Feldman/Tom Rainey:  Tism

Mozart:  Piano Concertos Nos. 22 & 23 (Schiff//Vegh/Camerata Academica des Mozarteums Salzburg)

The Feed-Back (The Group):  The Feed-Back (GREAT) (if you found out that Ennio Morricone's Gruppo di Improvvisazione Nuova Consonanza put out a rock-band album in 1970, you'd be pretty excited, too)

Various:  Closer Than a Kiss:  Crooner Classics

The Flying Lizards:  The Flying Lizards

Beethoven:  String Quartets Nos. 12 & 14 (Artemis Quartet)

Al Foster Quintet:  Inspirations & Dedications

Chopin:  Polonaise-Fantasie/Nocturne Nos. 3 & 5/Impromptu No. 3/Waltzes Nos. 5 & 10/Scherzo No. 4/Preludes Nos. 14 & 15/Ballade No. 4 (Janina Fialkowska)

Caught Lana at Jones beach a couple weeks ago. She was electric. Surprise duets with Adam Cohen (son of Leonard) and Sean Lennon (son of god) really made the night spl. 

Listening - Jealous of the Birds - Grass begins to eat itself, Tonight I feel like Kafka, Miss Missinthrope, Powder Junkie. All their stuff is killer.  

Moondog had EPs.

You know that Alan Freed called his radio show "Moondog Matinée" because he used as its theme song a single called "Moondog Symphony" by (you guessed it) Moondog.

I think I knew it was something to do with Moondog.

Stravinsky: Duo Concertante/Suite Italienne//Bach:  Violin Partita No. 1/Violin Sonata No. 1 (Kavakos/Nagy)

Bernhard Lang:  I Hate Mozart (Kalitzke/Klanforum Wien)

Jay Som:  Anak Ko

Britten:  Cabaret Songs//Schoenberg:  Brittl Lieder//Bolcom:  Twelve Cabaret Songs (Jody Karin Appelbaum/Mark-André Hamelin) 

Gál:  Symphonies Nos. 1-4 (Woods/Orchestra of the Swan)

Beethoven:  String Quartet No. 13/Piano Sonata No. 9 arr. Beethoven for String Quartet (Artemis Quartet)

Mozart:  Symphony No. 41 "Jupiter"//Schubert:  Symphony No. 8 "Unfinished" (Jochum/Boston Symphony Orchestra) (holy fuck) (if you like this music, you NEED to hear this)