Today I played...

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Van Morrison, The Healing Game. One of his later albums, but with some great tracks - the title track, The Burning Ground and This Once Was My Life (with Georgie Fame's call-and-response backing voca

God what an innocent I was (am) - never realised the Sweetest Girl was about H. Will have to try to find my copy now and listen again. And Jacques Derrida - Scritti Politti changed my life - in a sm

Liza, That song you mentioned a while back (you asked if you were crazy to like it), the band's name escapes me, well it's on the radio all the time now and now I like it. (They remind me of Meatloaf,

Posted Images

C.P.E. Bach:  Keyboard Sonatas (Carole Cerasi) (the best C.P.E. on harpsichord and fortepiano that I've heard)

Telemann:  Concerti per Molti Stromenti (Akademie für Alte Musik Berlin)

Various:  Music for Containment

Sheriff Jack:  Laugh Yourself Awake (I like Lewis Taylor doing fake '60s psych-pop as Sheriff Jack more than I like him doing fake '90s R&B as Lewis Taylor.  But not a lot more.)

Cat Toren's Human Kind:  Cat Toren's Human Kind

Paul Dessau:  Chamber Music (Ensemble Avantgarde)

Savall/Hesperion XX:  Battaglie e Lamenti

Taylor Swift:  Folklore (proof, if more be needed, that Aaron Dessner can make anything boring)

Bria Skonberg:  Bria (junk, basically)

The Monkees:  Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn & Jones Ltd. (I have trouble understanding any standard of judgment by which this isn't considered to be a REALLY good pop-rock album)

12 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

Taylor Swift:  folklore (proof, if more be needed, that Aaron Dessner can make anything boring)

😁 Listened to this last night for the first time with my family and the we said the same exact thing, "This is boring."

100 gecs:  1000 gecs and the Tree of Clues

Vittorio Ghielmi  & Luca Pianca:  Bagpipes from Hell

Lianne las Havas:  Lianne las Havas

Ross Karre:  Binaural Distancing March/April 2020

Viviani/Fantini/Frescobaldi/Eisenanch/Pezel/Sweelinck/Prentzl/Rossi:  Music for Trumpet & Organ (Eklund/Johannessen)

Trader Horne:  Morning Way

The Monkees:  Headquarters

Elizabeth A. Baker:  Quadrivium

Stravinsky:  Oedipus Rex (Verrett/Driscoll/Watson/Gramm/Shirley/Reardon/Westbrook//Stravinsky/Opera Society of Washington)

Got a Girl:  I Love You but I Must Drive Off This Cliff Now

Brahms:  Alto Rhapsody//Wagner arr. Henze:  Wesendock Lieder//Mahler arr. Schoenberg:  Das Lied von der Erde -- Abschied (Stephanie Blythe//John Nelson/Ensemble Orchestre de Paris)

Mozart:  Betulia Liberata/Clarinet Concerto/Symphonies Nos. 29 & 35 "Haffner" (Taillard//Eckhardt/Concerto Köln)

Vivaldi:  Concerti per la Pieta (Biondi/Europa Galante)

Hank Mobley:  The Complete Hank Mobley Blue Note Sessions 1963-70 (Disc VI)

Mahler:  Symphony No. 1 (Tilson Thomas/San Francisco Symphony)

Herbie Hancock:  Takin' Off (yes it's 1960s Blue Note night here at Chez Sneak)

Palestrina:  Lamentations -- Book 2 (Cinquecento)

Vïkingur Olafsson:  Debussy - Rameau (superb)

Neil Young:  Homegrown

Yuka Honda:  eucademix

Brahms:  Symphony No. 4 (Giulini/Chicago Symphony Orchestra)

Herbie Hancock:  My Point of View

Beethoven:  Works for Mandolin & Piano//Hummel:  Grande Sonate pour Mandoline et Piano//Colin Apparailly:  Lettre à l'Immortelle Bien-Aimée//Kriesler:  Rondino on a Theme by Beethoven//Walter Murphy:  A Fifth of Beethoven (Julien Martineau/Vanessa Benelli Mosell)

Ella Fitzgerald:  The Complete Piano Duets (when confronted with music-making of this quality, you can only sort of sit back and purr)

Cardoso:  Requiem/Lamentations/Magnificat/Motets (Toscano/Cupertinos) (starting yesterday out Portuguese, knowing it was going to end Portuguese)

Four Tet:  Sixteen Oceans (his best in a while)

Ruthann Friedman:  Constant Companion

Aluna/Princess Nokia/Jada Kingdom:  Get Paid

Gary Byrd:  Presenting the Gary Byrd Experience

Herbie Hancock:  Inventions and Dimensions

Couperin:  Troisème & Cinquème Ordres de Pièces de Clavecin (Carole Cerasi) (I'ma form a Carole Cerasi Fan Club is what I'ma do)

Lise Vachon:  Vocalise

Anna Clyne:  Dance//Elgar:  Cello Concerto (Segev//Alsop/London Philharmonic Orchestra)

Handel:  Concerto Grossi Op. 6 Nos. 1, 2, 4 & 6//Wassenaer:  Sei Concerti Armonici (Koopman/Amsterdam Baroque Orchestra)

Hank Mobley:  The Complete Hank Mobley Blue Note Sessions 1963-70 (Disc VI)

Pasquini:  La Sete di Christo (Aspromonte/Fernández-Rueda/Cervoni/Borgioni//Quarta/Concerto Romana)

Chanca Via Circuito:  Río Arriba

Villa-Lobos:  String Quartets Nos. 1,  6 & 17 (Cuarteto Latinoamericano)

Beethoven:  Piano Sonatas Nos. 27, 29 "Hammerklavier" & 30/Rondo Op. 51 No. 1 (Peter Serkin)

The Harold Maybern Sextet:  Maybern Plays Maybern