Today I played...

Haydn:  Folksong Arrangements:  Scottish Songs for George Thomson (Anderson/MacDougall/Haydn Trio Eisenstadt) (Disc 8 )

Billy Nomates:  Billy Nomates

oui ennui:  Sirius Bismuth

Sun Ra & His Solar Myth Arkestra:  Reflections in Blue

Matthew Evan Taylor:  The Unheard Mixtape 1:  Follow to the End

Black's Myths:  "Astro Nation"

Rodenticide:  Rodenticide

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Van Morrison, The Healing Game. One of his later albums, but with some great tracks - the title track, The Burning Ground and This Once Was My Life (with Georgie Fame's call-and-response backing voca

God what an innocent I was (am) - never realised the Sweetest Girl was about H. Will have to try to find my copy now and listen again. And Jacques Derrida - Scritti Politti changed my life - in a sm

Liza, That song you mentioned a while back (you asked if you were crazy to like it), the band's name escapes me, well it's on the radio all the time now and now I like it. (They remind me of Meatloaf,

Posted Images

Haydn:  Folksong Arrangements:  Scottish Songs for George Thomson (Anderson/MacDougall/Eisenstadt Piano Trio) (Disc 10)

Neil Young:  Live at Massey Hall 1971

Willie Nelson/Merle Haggard/Ray Price:  Last of the Breed

Beabadoobee:  Patched Up

Schumann:  Piano Concerto//Chopin:  Barcarolle//Ravel:  Alborada del Gracioso//Beethoven:  Cello Sonata No. 3 -- I.  Allegro, ma non troppo//Bach arr. Siloti:  Violin Sonata No. 2:  III.  Andante//Fauré arr. Casals:  Après un Réves//Ravel arr. Bazelaire:  Pièce en Forme de Habanera//Rimsky-Korsakov:  Flight of the Bumblebee (Lipatti/Janigro//Karajan/Phiharmonia Orchestra)

Beethoven:  Violin Sonatas Nos. 1-3 & 5 "Spring" (Kavakos/Pace)

Beethoven:  Symphony No. 6 "Pastorale"/Leonore Overture No. 3/König Stephan Overture (Bernstein/Vienna Philharmonic)

Beethoven:  Symphony No. 2 (Bernstein/New York Philharmonic)

Haydn:  Folksong Arrangements:  Scottish Songs for George Thomson (Anderson/MacDougall/Haydn Trio Eisenstadt) (Disc 11)

Strauss:  Ein Heldenleben/Der Bürger aus Edelmann (Ormandy/Philadelphia Orchestra) (junk!)

Various:  Wake Up You!:  The Rise and Fall of Nigerian Rock Vol. 2

José Maceda:  Drone and Melody (great!)

Rudresh Mahanthappa:  Hero Trio

Abel:  The Drexel Manuscript (Pandolfo) (odd that a galant/early Classical composer should have sub-specialized in the outdated viol) (not that I'm complaining)

Philip Glass:  Itaipú/The Canyon (Shaw/Atlanta Symphony Orchestra & Chorus)

Brahms:  Piano Concerto No. 1 (Freire//Chailly/Gewandhausorchestre)

Steph Richards:  Take the Neon Lights

Reicha:  Sinfonia Concertante for Two Cellos//Romberg:  Concertino for Two Cellos//Eybler:  Divertisment für Fasching Dienstag (Delepelaire/Koncz//Goebel/Deutsche Radio Philharmonie Saarbrücken Kaiserslautern)

Beethoven:  Symphony No. 9 (Jones/Schwartz/Kollo/Moll//Bernstein/Vienna Philharmonic)

Neilsen:  Choral Songs (Schønwandt/Faber/Wendt/Danish National Choirs)

William Parker:  Voices Fall from the Sky (CD 1:  Voices Fall from the Sky)

Clarice Assad:  Love, All That It Is (I usually like her, but this really is not good)

Strauss:  Der Rosenkavalier Suite/Salome -- Tanz der Sieben Scheier/Burleske/Horn Concerto (R. Serkin/M. Jones//Ormandy/Philadelphia Orchestra)

Richter:  Sinfonia con Fuga/De Profundis/Requiem (Valek/Czech Ensemble Baroque)

Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers:  Just Coolin'

Philip Glass:  Organ Works (Daniel Joyce)

Rosemary Standley/Ensemble Contraste:   Schubert in Love

Brahms:   Piano Concerto No. 2 (Freire//Chailly/Gewandhausorchester)

Fleetwood Mac:  Penguin

Open Mike Eagle:  Brick Body Kids Still Daydream

Ron Miles:  Rainbow Sign

Graupner:  Concerti e Musica di Tavola (Ad-El/Accademia Daniel)

Schubert:  Nachtgesang (Remmert/Güra/Mayers/Scharoun Ensemble//Creed/RIAS Kammerchor) (I was completely unfamiliar with this stuff -- and it's great)

Various:  Send in the Clowns:  The Ballads of Stephen Sondheim

Beverly Copeland:  Beverly Copeland (this is really interesting:  even without the great backstory, and the fascinating subsequent career, this would still have been a top 2% singer-songwriter album in the early '70s -- but I sure didn't know about it at the time)

Couperin:  Quatrième Livre de Pièces de Clavecin:  21st-24th Ordres (Cerasi)

Alain:  Prèlude et Fugue/Premiere et Deuxième Prèludes/Trois Minutes/Postlude pour l'Office de Complies/Complainte à la Mode Ancienne/Fugue en Mode de Fa/Verset -- Choral/Tantum Ergo/Litanies/Choral Dorien/Choral Phrygien/Choral Cistercien/Intermezzo/Duexième Fantasie/Tris Danses (Marie-Claire is not only a supremely great player, but she knew exactly what her brother wanted)

Mazzzoli:  Proving Up (Slattery/Moore/Trevigne/Nims/Carrico/Harris//Rountree/International Contemporary Ensemble)

Dusty Springfield:  Dusty in Memphis (you almost don't remember how fantastic it is)

Pluhar/L'Arpeggiata:  Mediterraneo

Beverly Glenn-Copeland:  Tranmissions:  The Music of Beverly Glenn-Copeland

Various:  Eccentric Soul:  The Saru Label

William Parker:  Voices Fall from the Sky (Disc 2:  Songs)

Hamilton de Holanda:  Samba do Aviāo

Couperin:  Quatrième Livre de Pièces de Clavecin:  25th -27th Ordres (Cerasi)

Marais:  Les Voix Humaines etc. (Perl/Santana)

Alvin Lucier:  Diamonds for 1, 2, or 3 Orchestras/Slices/Exploration of the House (Kotik/Arming/Nagy/Janácek Philharmonic Orchestra) (fuck this is GOOD)

Stravinsky:  Le Baiser de la Fée (Stravinsky/Columbia Symphony Orchestra)

Palllade Musica:  Verso Venezia (sonate & canzoni by Castello/Merula/Legrenzi)

Saint-Saëns:  Symphony No. 3//Alain:  Trois Movements pour Flùte et Orgue//Chaynes:  Organ Concerto (Alain//Martinon/Orchestre National de l'O.R.T.F.//Baudo/Orchestre Philharmonique de l'O.R.T.F.)

Philip Glass:  Naqoyqatsi (Ma//Reisman/Members of the Philip Glass Ensemble)

Emilie Simon:  Franky Knight

Ress/A Capella Portvgvesa:  Music from Renaissance Coimbra (my next hometown?)

Haydn:  Folksong Arrangements:  Scottish Songs for George Thomson (Anderson/MacDougall/Haydn Trio Eisenstadt) (Disc 12)

Schumann:  Symphonies Nos. 1 "Spring" & 2 (Sawallisch/Philadelphia Orchestra)

Beethoven:  Violin Sonatas Nos. 4, 8 & 9 "Kreutzer Sonata" (Kovakos/Pace)

oui ennui:  œuvre d'isolement

Earl Hines:  Once Upon a Time

Various:  Surrender to the Rhythm:  The London Pub Rock Scene of the Seventies (Disc 1) (I had a feeling most of this stuff wasn't going to sound very good to me now -- but BOY)

Bernstein:  Prelude, Fugue and Riffs//Copland:  Clarinet Concerto//Gould:  Derivations for Clarinet and Band//Stravinsky:  Ebony Concerto (Bernstein/Copland/Gould/Stravinsky/Columbia Jazz Ensemble/New York Philharmonic)

Mozart:  Symphony No. 40/Le Nozze di Figaro Overture/Lucio Silla Overture/Two Marches/March/Minuet/Three German Dances/Serenade "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik" (Dorati/Minneapolis Symphony Orchestra/London Symphony Orchestra/Festival Symphony Orchestra) (God Dorati just NAILS this stuff)

Collon/Aurora Orchestra:  Insomnia