Today I played...

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Van Morrison, The Healing Game. One of his later albums, but with some great tracks - the title track, The Burning Ground and This Once Was My Life (with Georgie Fame's call-and-response backing voca

God what an innocent I was (am) - never realised the Sweetest Girl was about H. Will have to try to find my copy now and listen again. And Jacques Derrida - Scritti Politti changed my life - in a sm

Liza, That song you mentioned a while back (you asked if you were crazy to like it), the band's name escapes me, well it's on the radio all the time now and now I like it. (They remind me of Meatloaf,

Posted Images

The Grateful Dead:  American Beauty

Bloodmist:  Phos

Vivaldi:  Cello Concertos RV 404, 411 & 422/Concerto for Two Mandolins (arr. Sol Gabetta/Andres Gabetta for Violin & Cello)//Platti:  Cello Concertos in C Major & C Minor//Zani:  Cello Concerto in A Major//Chelleri:  Cello Concerto in G Major (Sol Gabetta//Andres Gabetta/Capella Gabetta)

Joni Mitchell:  The Early Years (1963-1967) (Disc 1)

Graupner:  Partitas Nos. 1 & 10/Partita in A Major (Soly) (a really underrated composer)

Where are you getting that information?

As Chick Hearn would say, "The game's in the refrigerator, the door's closed, the light's out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard and the jello's jiggling."

Fasch:  Overtures in D-Major & G-Minor/Trumpet & Violin Concertos (Sommerhalder/Schröder//Kammerorchester Basel)

Chausson:  Poème de l'Amour et de la Mer/Symphony (Gens//Bloch/Orchestre National de Lille)

Various:  Love Hit Me!  Decca Beat Girls 1962-1970

Earl Hines:  Plays Cole Porter

Johnny Alf:  Johnny Alf

Handel:  Deutsche Arien//Telemann:  Quartets (Röschmann//Akademie für Alte Musik Berlin)

Young M.A:  Herstory in the Making

Zemlinsky:  String Quartets Nos. 3 & 4/Two Movements for String Quartet (Schoenberg Quartet)

Derdorian:  Find the Sun

Eddie Henderson:  Be Cool

Knecht:  Le Portrait Musical de la Nature -- Grande Simphonie//Philidor:  La Jardinier et Son Signeur Ouverture/Le Sorcier Ouverture/Tom Jones Ouverture/Le Maréchal-Ferrant Ouverture (Benda/Ocrestra Filharmonica di Torino/Prague Sinfonia Orchestra)

Dessau:  Leonce und Lena (Menzel/Schaller//Suitner/Staatskapelle Berlin)

Owen Pallett:  Island

Tartini:  Violin Sonatas Nos. 2, 9 & 13//Donald Crockett:  to be sung on the water/mickey finn (Makarski/Copes)

Joni Mitchell:  The Early Years (1963-1967) (Disc 2) (suddenly she writes "Urge for Going" and she's like GREAT)