Today I played...

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Van Morrison, The Healing Game. One of his later albums, but with some great tracks - the title track, The Burning Ground and This Once Was My Life (with Georgie Fame's call-and-response backing voca

God what an innocent I was (am) - never realised the Sweetest Girl was about H. Will have to try to find my copy now and listen again. And Jacques Derrida - Scritti Politti changed my life - in a sm

Liza, That song you mentioned a while back (you asked if you were crazy to like it), the band's name escapes me, well it's on the radio all the time now and now I like it. (They remind me of Meatloaf,

Posted Images

Busch:  Cello Concerto//Moeran:  Violin Concerto//Rubbra:  Soliloquy (Wallfisch/Georgiadis/de Saram//Handley/Royal Philharmonic Orchestra/London Symphony Orchestra)

Dvorák:  Czech Suite/Polonaise/Waltzes (Hrusa/Prague Philharmonia)

Shoes:  Tongue Twister

Jorge Villavicencio Grossman:  Wayra//Victor Acudelo:  El Sombrerón//Sebastian Vercara:  Mecánica//Diego Luzuriaca:  Responsorio//Diego Vega:  Música Musica//Sebastian Errázuriz:  La Caravana//Augustin Fernández:  Una Música Escondida//Antonio Cervasoni:  Icarus (Harth-Bedoya/Norwegian Radio Orchestra)

The Beach Boys:  Love You

Soundwalk Collective feat. Patti Smith:  Peradam

Amel Brahim-Djelloul/Anne Le Bouzec:  Les 1001 Nuits (songs by Szymanowski/Santoliquido/Aubert/Delage)

Frank Sinatra:  Songs for Swingin' Lovers! (the greatest pop album ever?  maybe so)

Jeffrey Brooks:  After the Treewatcher/Capriccio on the Departure of a Beloved Brother/The Passion (Bang on a Can All-Stars/Contemporaneous) (god I love this)

Philip Glass:  Modern Love Waltz/How Now/Trilogy Sonata/Einstein on the Beach:  "Knee Play" No. 4 (van Veen)

David Garland:  Verdancy 1

Allen Ginsberg/William Blake:  The Complete Songs of Innocence and Experience (if he doesn't have it already, Wilf needs to get this IMMEDIATELY) (although credited, BTW, as far as I can tell William Blake does not perform on this album)

Shoes:  Boomerang

Beethoven:  Piano Concertos Nos. 2 & 5 "Emperor" (Helmchen//Manze/Deutches Symphonieorchester Berlin)

Pfitzner:  String Quartet in D Minor/String Quartet Op. 36 (Franz Schubert Quartet) (for some reason, it seemed like a good idea to listen to Nazi music immediately before my Seder last night)

Roussel:  Aeneas/Les Rêves/Quartre Poèmes/Quartre Poèmes/"Flammes" (Alliot-Lugaz/Ollman/Mesplé/van Dam/Baldwin//Martinon/Ensemble des Chœurs de l'O.R.T.F.)

Monteverdi:  Ottavo Libro del Madrigale (La Veneziana)

11 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

Allen Ginsberg/William Blake:  The Complete Songs of Innocence and Experience (if he doesn't have it already, Wilf needs to get this IMMEDIATELY) (although credited, BTW, as far as I can tell William Blake does not perform on this album)

I'll check that out. It sounds familiar but I don't think I've heard it. I used to enjoy the settings Ed Sanders did with The Fugs.

Shoes:  Rarities

John Adams:  China Gates//Arvo Pärt:  Für Alina/Variationen zur Gesundung von Arinuschka//Cage:  In a Landscape//Simeon Ian Holt:  Solodevilsdance IV//Nietzche:  Das "Fragment an Sich"//Satie:  Variations//John Borstlap:  Avatâra (van Veen)

Haydn:  Folksong Arrangements:  Scottish Songs for William Whyte (Anderson/MacDougal/Haydn Trio Eisenstadt) (Disc 18)

Pfitzner:  Piano Trios (Robert Schumann Trio)

Prefuse 73:  Rivington Não Rio

Roussel:  Melodies (Alliot-Lugaz/Mesplé/Ollmann/van Dam/Baldwin/Gallois)

On 3/29/2021 at 10:35 AM, Wilfrid said:

I'll check that out. It sounds familiar but I don't think I've heard it. I used to enjoy the settings Ed Sanders did with The Fugs.

Didn't get very far with this. Ginsberg isn't really a singer of course, but beyond that he seems to be mimicking a sort of corny folk singer tone.

Various:  At the Minstrel Show (this almost absurdly entertaining compilation raises many hard and interesting questions -- mainly because it's almost absurdly entertaining)

Langlais:  Organ Concerto No. 3 "Reaction"//Helmschrott:  Organ Concerto "Lamento"//Poulenc:  Organ Concerto (Hauk/Kesting//Poschner/Georgian Chamber Orchestra, Ingolstadt)

Vera November/Jens Lekman/Taken by Trees/Joel Giss:  Four Songs by Arthur Russell

Bob Dylan:  The Rolling Thunder Revue:  The 1975 Live Recordings (Discs 8 & 9:  November 21, 1975 -- Boston Music Hall, Boston, MA [Afternoon Show]) (I moved to Boston three years later, and I don't even know where this venue is/was)

Various:  The Rough Guide to Klezmer Revival

3 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

Bob Dylan:  The Rolling Thunder Revue:  The 1975 Live Recordings (Discs 8 & 9:  November 21, 1975 -- Boston Music Hall, Boston, MA [Afternoon Show]) (I moved to Boston three years later, and I don't even know where this venue is/was)

Just outside the Combat Zone on Tremont st. Became the Wang Center, now on known as the Boch Center.

3 hours ago, theclash said:

Just outside the Combat Zone on Tremont st. Became the Wang Center, now on known as the Boch Center.

I call it their Beacon Theatre. It's a nice venue, with a weird entrance location.