Today I played...

Various:  Los Nuggetz:  '60s Garage & Psych from Latin America

Grétry:  Andromaque (Deshayes/Wesseling/Guêze/Christoyannis//Niquet/Concert Spirituel) (history was right about this one)

Mozart:  Divertimenti Nos. 1, 2 & "Ein Musikalischer Spatß" (Vêgh/ Camerata Academica des Mozarteums Salzburg)

Stradella:  Complete String Symphonies (Ensemble Arte Musica)

Marquis Hill:  Modern Flows EP, Vol. 1

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Van Morrison, The Healing Game. One of his later albums, but with some great tracks - the title track, The Burning Ground and This Once Was My Life (with Georgie Fame's call-and-response backing voca

God what an innocent I was (am) - never realised the Sweetest Girl was about H. Will have to try to find my copy now and listen again. And Jacques Derrida - Scritti Politti changed my life - in a sm

Liza, That song you mentioned a while back (you asked if you were crazy to like it), the band's name escapes me, well it's on the radio all the time now and now I like it. (They remind me of Meatloaf,

Posted Images

Los Nuggetz looks like fun. Is that really the Los Lobos? And among all the bands called Los This and Los That, amusing that a Catalan band stands out as Els Xocs.

Will give it a virtual spin.

Various:  Saigon Rock & Soul:  Vietnamese Classic Tracks 1968-1974

Monteverdi:  "Zefiro torna, e di soavi accenti"/Lamento della Ninfa/"Quel sguardo sdegnosetto"/L'Incornazione de Poppea:  "Disprezzata Regina", "Addio, Roma!", "Pur ti miro"/"Con che soavitá"/"Damigella tutta bella"/Combattimento di Tancredi e Clorinda//Uccellini:  Aria Quinta sopra "La Bergamesca"//Merula:  Ballo detto Pollicio//Marini:  Passacalio a Quattro (Kožená/Prohaska//Marcon/La Cetra) (you'd expect this to be good, but you might not expect it to be so good you can't believe it)

Philip Glass:  Music for Voices/Another Look at Harmony, Part 4 (Mabou Mines/Western Wind/Riesman)

The Waitresses:  Just Desserts:  The Complete Waitresses

Leah Paul:  We Will Do the Worrying

Gombert:  Veni Dilecta Mea/Tribulatio Cordis Mei/Ave Mater Matris Dei/Si Bona Susceptimus/O, Beata Maria/Sancta Maria Mater Dei/Peccata Mea Sicut Sagittae/O, Flos Campi/Sanca et Immaculata/Domine, Non Secundum Peccata/Ave Salus Mundi/Salve Regina "Diversi Diversa Orant"/Benedicta Es/O, Crux, Splendidior/O, Domina Mundi/Descendi in Hortum Meum/O, Jesu Christe/Si Ignoras Te/Emendemus in Melius (Beauty Farm)

Fanny Brice:  The Rose of Washington Square

7 hours ago, Wilfrid said:

Well. that's one for our next karaoke evening at home.

Gotta love the Linda Lindas.

Nice shout out to the band in today's NYT by Jon Caramanica.

Chopin:  Ballades Nos. 1, 3 & 4/Nocturnes Nos. 5, 15 & 19/Études Nos. 3 & 4/Impromptu No. 1/Scherzo No. 1/Mazurka No. 19/Fantasie/Polanaise No. 1 (Horowitz) (exactly the wrong way to play Chopin)

Thomson:  Complete Songs for Voice & Piano (Florestan Recital Project)

I am not playing an album with a song called "They Control the Media" on it.

And it makes me wonder if I can listen anymore to any of the older albums of his that I love such much, either.