Today I played...

Lana del Rey:  Chemtrails over the Country Club (yes, this is good!)

Mozart:  Piano Concerto No. 14/Serenade No. 6 "Serenata Notturna"/Adagio & Fugue in C Minor/Violin Sonata No. 25//Schumann:  Violin Sonata No. 1//Reger:  Violin Sonata No. 5:  II.  Allegretto (poco vivace) (Serkin/Busch/Busch Quartet/Busch Chamber Players)

Lutosławski:  Musique Fenébre/Chain II:  Dialogue for Violin & Orchestra/Interlude/Partita for Violin & Orchestra (Bakowski//Wit/Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra)

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Van Morrison, The Healing Game. One of his later albums, but with some great tracks - the title track, The Burning Ground and This Once Was My Life (with Georgie Fame's call-and-response backing voca

God what an innocent I was (am) - never realised the Sweetest Girl was about H. Will have to try to find my copy now and listen again. And Jacques Derrida - Scritti Politti changed my life - in a sm

Liza, That song you mentioned a while back (you asked if you were crazy to like it), the band's name escapes me, well it's on the radio all the time now and now I like it. (They remind me of Meatloaf,

Posted Images

Various:  Sound Storing Machines:  The First 78rpm Records from Japan 1903-1912

François J. Bonnet & Stephen O'Malley:  Cybele

Tessarini da Rimini:  Flute Sonatas (Il Bell'Accordo Ensemble)

Bud White/George Henry Bussey/Jim Bunkley/Tom Turner/James Shorter/Abe McNeil/Joe Callicott/Johnny Woods:  The George Mitchell Collection Vols. 15-22

Bachelor:  Doomin' Sun

Beethoven:  Symphony No. 9 (Schwartzkopf/Cavelti/Haefliger/Edelmann//Furtwängler/Philharmonia Orchestra/Lucerne Festival Chorus)

Philip Glass:  Voices for Didgeridoo & Organ/Organ Suite:  Four Movements Arranged for Organ (Atkins/Riesman)

Sondheim:  Anyone Can Whistle (Friedman/McKenzie/Barrowman/Laurents//Edwards/National Symphony Orchestra)

Miles Davis:  Cookin' with the Miles Davis Quintet

Miles Davis:  Relaxin' with the Miles Davis Quintet

Marcello:  Estro Poetico-Armonico//Sonata a Tré (Pelon/Ruvio//Balestracci/L'Amaroso)

Beach Boys:  Friends

Buke and Gase:  Arone vs. Aaron

Dussek:  Concerto for 2 Pianos/Piano Quintet/Notturno Concertante (Lubimov/Paschenko//Finnish Baroque Orchestra)

Marie Davidson/L'Œil Nu:  Renegade Breakdown

Victoria:  Missa de Beata Virgine/Magnificat Primi Toni/Marian Motets (Noone/Ensemble Plus Ultra)

Rachmaninov:  Symphony No. 1/Symphonic Dances (Nézet-Séguin/Philadelphia Orchestra)

Miles Davis Quintet:  Steamin' with the Miles Davis Quintet

Miles Davis Quintet:  Workin' with the Miles Davis Quintet

Miles Davis Quintet:  Round about Midnight

Olivia Rodrigo:  Sour (SOMEBODY has to listen to something other than Glenn Spearman)

Handel:  Oreste (Nesi/Mitsopoulou/Katsuli/Koroneos/Magoulas/Spanos//Petrou/Camerata Stuttgart)

Moondog:  Round the World of Sound (Dedalus/Muzzix) (too polite)

Philip Glass:  Analog (Etoile Polaire -- or North Star, as it was called when Virgin released it in the '70s -- is the rare recording that sounds better in a digital format)

Chausson:  Poème//Prokofiev:  Violin Concerto No. 1//Rautavaara:  Deux Sérénades (Hahn//Franck/Orchestre Philharmonique de Radio France) (this is all good -- but that Rautavaara [his last works] is the shit)

Britten:  Variations on a Theme by Frank Bridge//Bridge:  Lament for String Orchestra//Berkeley:  Serenade for String Orchestra//Bliss:  Music for Strings (Wilson/Sinfonia of London)

Moor Mother:  "Zami"

Christiane Karg/Malcom Martineau:  Strauss, Fauré, Debussy, Poulenc, Wolf & Berg

Couperin:  Les Goûts-Réunis, ou Nouveaux Concerts Nos. 7, 10 & 14//Visée:  Suites from Pièces de Theorbe et de Luth & Livre de Pièces pour la Guittarre Dedié a Roy (Musica ad Rhenum//Staropili/Marchese/Contadin/Tormadin)

Mozart:  Serenades Nos. 1 & 5/Marches (Vêgh/ Camerata Academica des Mozarteums Salzburg)

Kalevi Aho:  Syvien Vesien Juhla/Symphony No. 10 (Vänskä/Lahti Symphony Orchestra)

MIchael Chapman:  Savage Amusement

Victoria:  Missa Alma Redemptoris Mater/Magnificats/Marian Motets (Noone/Ensemble Plus Ultra)

Ustvolskaya:  Violin Sonata/Trio for Clarinet, Violin & Piano/Duet for Violin & Piano (Kopatchinskaja/Bieri/Hinterhäuser) (I LOVE Ustvolskaya:  so shoot me)

Harry James & His Orchestra feat. Frank Sinatra:  The Complete Recordings Nineteen Thirty-Nine

Torelli:  Trumpet Concertos (Hammes/Leiner//Mutt/European Chamber Soloists) (if you've heard other recordings of these -- and you almost certainly have, whether you know it or not --  you've probably heard better)

Castelnuovo-Tedesco:  Les Guitares Bien Tempérées, Preludes & Fugues Nos. 13-24/Fuga Elegiaca (Brasil Guitar Duo) (I really defy anyone not to enjoy this)

Handel:  Harp Concerto//Mozart:  Concerto for Flute & Harp//Boieldieu:  Harp Concerto (Various)

van Veen:  Minimal Preludes, Book II (van Veen) (a good pianist -- but as a composer, not so much)

Brahms:  Piano Concertos Nos. 1 & 2 (Schiff/Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment) (as good as everybody says)

Torelli:  Trumpet Concertos (Hammes/Leiner//Mutt/European Chamber Soloists)

Chritianne Stotjin/Joseph Breinl:  Phantasien und Traumgestalten (songs by Schuber/Berg/Wolf)

The Beau Brummels:  Triangle

The Beau Brummels:  Bradley's Barn

Jean Rondeau:  Melancholy Grace (pieces for harpsichord by Frescobaldi/di Roma/Rossi/G. Strozzi/Sweelinck/Picchi/Bull/Anon./Luzzaschi/Storace/Valente/Gibbons/Dowland)

Julian Terrell Otis:  Beethoven Was Black

Peni Candra Rini:  Bramara

Bach:  Cello Suites Nos. 1-6 (Casals)