Today I played...

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Van Morrison, The Healing Game. One of his later albums, but with some great tracks - the title track, The Burning Ground and This Once Was My Life (with Georgie Fame's call-and-response backing voca

God what an innocent I was (am) - never realised the Sweetest Girl was about H. Will have to try to find my copy now and listen again. And Jacques Derrida - Scritti Politti changed my life - in a sm

Liza, That song you mentioned a while back (you asked if you were crazy to like it), the band's name escapes me, well it's on the radio all the time now and now I like it. (They remind me of Meatloaf,

Posted Images

On 6/8/2021 at 4:02 PM, Wilfrid said:

Yes. Utterly different :D

It's not irrelevant that I am currently reading Double Trio by Nathaniel Mackey, and it's reported that his next puublication will be called Double Quartet.

Ass Ponies:  Electric Rock Music

Nate Wooley:  Mutual Aid Music

Various:  "Knitting on the Roof"

Bach:  Brandenburg Concertos Nos. 5-6/Orchestral Suite No. 1 (Busch Chamber Players)

Beethoven:  Symphony No. 6 "Pastoral"//Mozart:  Symphony No. 40 (Erich Kleiber/London Philharmonic Orchestra)

Steven Isserlis/Connie Shih:  Cello Music from Proust's Salons (music for cello & piano by Hahn/Fauré/Saint-Saëns/Duparc/Holmes/Franck)

Busoni:  Tocatta:  Preludio, Fantasia, Ciaccona/Prologo/Klavierübung (excerpts)/Nine Variations on a Chopin Prelude/Six Short Pieces for the Cultivation of Polyphonic Playing/Perpetuum Mobile/Prélude et Ètude en Arpèges (Hamelin)

Roomful of Teeth:  "Fall Into Me"

Yat-Kha:  "Kadyr Burra"

Yat-Kha:  "Remix of old song"

Young/Ferrara Ensemble:  Figures of Harmony:  Songs of Codex Chantilly c. 1390 (Disc 1:  Balades a III Chans:  . . . Of Trabor and Others)

Nono:  Fragments -- Stille, an Diotima/"Hay Que Caminar" Sogrando (Arditti String Quartet)

Caribou:  Start Breaking My Heart

The Upper Crust:  Cream of the Crust (Ted Widmer or no Ted Widmer, this is crap)

Caroline Shaw:  Narrow Sea (Upshaw/Kalish/Sō Percussion)

OOIOO:  Gamel

Vijay Iyer:  Uneasy

Echo & the Bunnymen:  The Very Best of Echo & the Bunnymen:  More Songs to Learn and Sing (still not good)

Dittersdorf/Albrechtsberger/Wagenseil:  Harp Concertos (Bouškova//Czarnecki/Südwestdeutches Kammerorchester Pforzheim)

C.P.E. Bach:  "Ich Bin Vergnügt mit Meinen Stande"/"Mons, Bach de Berlin"//J.C.F. Bach:  "Pygmalion"//W.F. Bach:  Sinfonia in B//Bach:  "Ich Habe Genug" (Appl//Goebel/Berliner Barock Solisters)

Langlais:  Festival Alleluia//Alain:  O Salutaris//Messiaen:  O Sacrum Convivium//Dupré:  La France au Calvaire (Filsel//Backhouse/Vasari Singers)

Auber:  Marco Spada (Bonynge/London Symphony Orchestra)

Jaime Branch:  FLY or DIE LIVE

Adeena Karasick/Frank London:  Salomé Woman of Valor

Fennesz:  Fennesz Plays

Fennesz:  Endless

Jidenna:  The Chief

Mozart:  Piano Concertos Nos. 17 & 21 (Pires//Abbado/Chamber Orchestra of Europe)

Schubert:  Kyrie/Kyrie/Masses Nos. 1 & 2 (Popp/Donath/Fassbaender/Dallapazza/Schrier/Fischer-Diskau//Sawallisch/Symphonie-Orchester & Chor de Bayerischen Rundfunks)

On 6/12/2021 at 11:10 PM, Sneakeater said:

Echo & the Bunnymen:  The Very Best of Echo & the Bunnymen:  More Songs to Learn and Sing (still not good)

I read a piece on Heaven Up Here on the occasion of its fortieth anniversary. Part of me wanted to listen to it again, but the better part of me said it would be still not good.

Boismortier:  6 Suites de Piéces (Musica ad Rhenum)

Mozart:  4 Deutsche Tänze/Symphony No. 39//Schubert:  Symphony No. 9 "Great" (Erich Kleiber/Cologne Radio Symphony Orchestra)

Emmanuel:  Les Six Sonatines/Sonate pour Clarinette, Flûte et Piano  (Girod/Vielle/Marion)

Klaus de Vries:  Toccata Americaine/Echo//Carlos Micháns:  Three Minimal Preludes//Terry Riley:  In C (van Veen)

Skrillex:  Recess

William Parker feat. Coen Aalberts/Klaas Hekman:  The Music of William Parker:  Migration of Silence Into and Out of the Tone World Vol. 9:  The Fastest Train

Bach:  Orchestral Suites Nos. 2-4 (Busch Chamber Players)

Reinecke:  Harp Concerto//Saint-Saëns:  Morceau de Concert//Pierne:  Concertstuck//Braga Santos:  Variacõnes Concertante (Pierre/MIchel/Blair//Gallois/Froment/Cassuto/Swedish Chamber Orchestra/Orchestra of Radio Luxembourg/Northern Sinfonia)

David Lang:  writing on water/forced march/increase/pierced (real quiet/FLUX Quartet/Cole)

Van Dyke Parks:  Discover America

Gerry Mulligan/Paul Desmond Quartet:  Complete Studio Sessions

Gerhard:  Violin Concerto//Fricker:  Concerto for Violin & Small Orchestra//Maconochy:  Serenade Concertante (Neaman/Parikan//Davis/Del Mar/Handley/BBC Symphony Orchestra/Royal Philharmonic Orchestra/London Symphony Orchestra)

Chopin:  Polonaise No. 7 "Polonaise-Fantaisie"/Mazurka No. 17/Scherzos Nos. 1-3/Waltz No. 3/Nocturnes Nos. 2, 3, 4, 7 & 19/Barcarolle (Horowitz)

Victoria:  Hymns & Motets/Missa O Quam Gloriosum (Noone/Ensemble Plus Ultra)

Paderewski:  Piano Concerto/Fantasie Polonaise dur des Themes Originaux/Overture (Fialkowska//Wit/National Polish Radio Symphony Orchestra)

James Brandon Lewis:  Days of Freeman

Toshio Hosokawa:  Horn Concerto "Moment of Blosseming"/Lotus under the moonlight (hommage à Mozart) -- Piano Concerto/Chant (Dohr/Kodama/Karttunen//Märkl/Royal Scottish National Orchestra)

Sally Wilfert & Rebecca Luker:  All the Girls

Mozart:  Piano Concertos Nos. 20 & 27 (Pires//Abbado/Orchestra Mozart)