Today I played...

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Van Morrison, The Healing Game. One of his later albums, but with some great tracks - the title track, The Burning Ground and This Once Was My Life (with Georgie Fame's call-and-response backing voca

God what an innocent I was (am) - never realised the Sweetest Girl was about H. Will have to try to find my copy now and listen again. And Jacques Derrida - Scritti Politti changed my life - in a sm

Liza, That song you mentioned a while back (you asked if you were crazy to like it), the band's name escapes me, well it's on the radio all the time now and now I like it. (They remind me of Meatloaf,

Posted Images

Farkas:  Complete Wind Quintets (Schneider/Dodds/Lange/Phoebus Quintet)

Bach:  Concertos for Two, Three, and Four Harpsichords (Leonhardt/Müller/Uttenbosch/Curtis/van Wering//Leonhardt Consort)

Chet Baker:  The Complete Pacific Jazz LIve Recordings of the Chet Baker Quartet with Russ Freeman (Disc III)

Philador:  6 Suites (Musica ad Rhenum)

Veronique Gens/Susan Manoff:  Néère (melodies by Hahn/Duparc/Chausson)

Gabriel Kahane:  Emergency Shelter Intake Room (Hall Moran/Andrews/Kahane/Walker//Kalmar/Oregon Symphony/Maybelle Community Singers)

One for All:  The Lineup

Natalia Lafourcade:  Un Canto por México Vol. II

Willow:  Lately I Feel Everything

Bach:  Goldberg Variations (Leonhardt)

Joe Henderson:  The Complete Joe Henderson Blue Note Sessions (Disc I)

Tchaikovsky:  Symphony No. 6 "Pathetique" /Romeo and Juliet (Giulini/Philharmonia Orchestra)

Danay Suarez:  Polvo de la Humedad (God she's so great)

Beethoven:  Gratulations-Menuett//Eberl:  Concerto for Two Pianos/"La Follia di Spagna" with All Instruments after the Violin Sonato "La Follia" by Archangelo Corelli//Dussek:  Concerto for Two Pianos (Duo Tal & Grœtheysen//Goebel/Frankfort Radio Symphony)

Measha Brueggergasman:  Night and Dreams (songs by Debussy/Strauss/Brahms/Liszt/Duparc/Fauré/Montsalvatge/Schubert/Poulenc/Francis Hime/Hahn/Chausson/de Falla/Wolf/Mozart/Warlock)

Sopwith Camel:  The Miraculous Hump Returns from the Moon (I remember this being better, i.e., any good at all) (what's worse, what I clearly remember as the best song on the album turns out not to be on it at all -- and probably isn't even by Sopwith Camel)

George Crumb:  Makrokosmos I & II (Leng Tan)

Ben Webster:  The Warm Moods (the first release on Frank Sinatra's Reprise Records that wasn't by Frank Sinatra!)

Benny Carter:  BBB & Co.

Beethoven:  String Quartets Nos. 14 & 15 (Végh Quartet) (No. 14 is (a) my favorite string quartet, (b) my favorite Beethoven, (c) my favorite music, or (d) all of the above?  And it works just about the same way The Velvet Underground does) (the Busch reign supreme in the late quartets, but as a survey of the entire corpus, I think this -- the Végh's second, stereo traversal -- is the best I've ever heard)

Slade:  B-Sides

Cage:  Postcards from Heaven (Z/Jordanova)

Nik Bärtch's Ronin:  Awase

Schubert:  Mass No. 6/Tantum Ergo/Offertorium (Donath/Popp/Fæssbender/Araiza/Dallapozza/Schreier/Fischer-Dieskau//Sawallisch/Symphonie-Orchestra & Chor des Bayerischen Rundfunks)

Andy Statman:  Old Brooklyn

Mozart:  String Quartets Nos. 14 & 15 (Quartetto Italiano)

Wayne Horvitz:  4+1 Ensemble

Various:  Be77er Living through Circuitry

Christianne Stotijn:  If the Owl Calls Again

Joshua Redman Quartet:  Passage of Time

Monteclair:  Flute Concertos Nos. 1-4 (Böhm/Weigel/Hübscher//Helios Ensemble)

Joe Henderson:  The Complete Joe Henderson Blue Note Sessions (Disc II)

Lavinia Meijer:  Voyage

Mozart:  Piano Concertos Nos. 20-22/Masonic Funeral Music/Piano Quartet No. 1/Fantasia in C Minor (Andsnes/Mahler Chamber Orchestra)

Leclair/Blauvet/Buffardin/Naudot:  Flute Concertos//Corrette:  Flute Concerto -- Adagio//Boismortier:  Flute Concerto -- Affetuoso (Theuns/Les Buffardins)

Joe Henderson:  The Complete Joe Henderson Blue Note Studio Sessions (Disc III)

On 9/7/2021 at 3:24 PM, Sneakeater said:

Slade:  B-Sides

I admit, I am surprised that exists. Bless them but where is the demand for that niche part of their catalog?

I used to have a vinyl copy of Beginnings by Ambrose Slade when it was rare and valued. But it’s online now like everything else.