Today I played...

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Van Morrison, The Healing Game. One of his later albums, but with some great tracks - the title track, The Burning Ground and This Once Was My Life (with Georgie Fame's call-and-response backing voca

God what an innocent I was (am) - never realised the Sweetest Girl was about H. Will have to try to find my copy now and listen again. And Jacques Derrida - Scritti Politti changed my life - in a sm

Liza, That song you mentioned a while back (you asked if you were crazy to like it), the band's name escapes me, well it's on the radio all the time now and now I like it. (They remind me of Meatloaf,

Posted Images

Duke Ellington:  The Duke Ellington Centennial Edition (Disc 24:  The Last Recordings (1966 - 1973))

Barber:  Knoxville "Summer of 1915"/Excursions//Hanson:  Piano Concerto (Firkušny/Steber//Strickland/Hanson/Dumberton Oaks Chamber Orchestra/Eastman-Rochester Symphony Orchestra)

John Carter & Bobby Bradford:  The Complete Revelation Sessions (Disc 3)

Angélica Negrón:  Count to Five//Allison Loggins-Hull:  Hammers//Ellen Reid:  Fear | Release//Lesley Flanigan:  Hedera//Mary Kouyoumdjian:  Children of Conflict:  "Samar's Song"//Caroline Shaw:  Will there be any Stars in my Crown (RECAP)

Various:  Coal Miner's Daughter:  A Tribute to Loretta Lynn

John Luther Adams:  Dark Wind//Marty Walker:  Interludes I & II//Michael John Fink:  Thread of Summer//Rick Cox:  When April May//Jim Fox:  Between the Wheels (Marty Walker et al.)

Mozart:  String Quartet No. 17 "La Chasse"//Schubert:  String Quartet No. 2 (Quartetto Italiano)

Chet Baker:  The Complete Pacific Jazz Studio Recordings of the Chet Baker Quartet with Russ Freeman (Disc 1)

Dvorák:  From My Life/The Hussite Song/Amid Nature/Carnival Overture/Othello/The Water Goblin (Kubelik/Symphonieorchester des Bayerischen Rundfunks)

Karsh Kale:  Redesign

Sessa:  Grandeza

Rameau:  Pièces de Clavecin en Concerts (Brüggen/S. Kuijken/W. Kuijken/Leonhardt)

Miss Maybelle/Jessie Lee Vortis/George Hollis/Willie Rockomo/Bruce Upshaw & Willie Rockomo/Bruce Upshaw/Buddy Hubbard/Ira "Tiny" Coney/Eddie Hodge/Pettis Sisters/Houston & Sarah Mae Stovall:  The George Mitchell Collection (Bonus Disc)

C.P.E. Bach:  Cello Concertos (Bylsma//Leonhardt/Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment)

Charlie Parker:  Bird:  The Complete Charlie Parker on Verve (DIscs 3 & 4)

Galuppi:  Concerto a Quartetto No. 1//Boccherini:  String Quartet "La Tiranna”//Cambini:  String Quartet in G Minor (Quartetto Italiano)

Brahms:  Songs & Duets (Volle/Irányi/Deutsche)

James Brandon Lewis:  Jesup Wagon

Charlie Parker:  Bird:  The Complete Charlie Parker on Verve (DIscs 5 & 6)

Attacknine Friends & Family:  Presence under the Tree

Caroline Davis: Portals, Volume 1:  Mourning

Stravinsky:  Serenade/Piano Sonata/Movements for Piano & Orchestra//Schoenberg:  Two Piano Pieces/Suite for Piano (Rosen//Stravinsky/Columbia Symphony Orchestra)

Bobby Short:  50 by Bobby Short

8 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

It actually sounds like I'd like it.

She hasn't put out a jazz album in some time.

Curious to know what you think. For me it’s too smooth. Also confronted by the ABBA/Bangles question: do I like her music or do I like her?