Today I played...

A nice case of frequency illusion. Sitting in a bar, the music is a sufficiently unusual sample of guitar rock that I Shazammed it. King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, a name I think I would have remembered if I’d seen it before. Aussie experimentalists.

Then opened this week’s “Talk of the Town,” and there they are because they’re touring here.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Van Morrison, The Healing Game. One of his later albums, but with some great tracks - the title track, The Burning Ground and This Once Was My Life (with Georgie Fame's call-and-response backing voca

God what an innocent I was (am) - never realised the Sweetest Girl was about H. Will have to try to find my copy now and listen again. And Jacques Derrida - Scritti Politti changed my life - in a sm

Liza, That song you mentioned a while back (you asked if you were crazy to like it), the band's name escapes me, well it's on the radio all the time now and now I like it. (They remind me of Meatloaf,

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

A few days at home with nothing to do except cook and clean, I am besieged by earworms. Obviously Hinds, "I've Been Riding Solo," and very much anything by Piri & Tommy - "Beachin," "Soft Spot," etc -but also "Wannabe" thanks to that very good New Yorker piece. I am pottering around the apartment and my head suddenly goes "Yo!..."

Against all odds, I retain faith in my judgment. Hinds are heavily promoting merchandise featuring the slogan “I’m on a Hinds way to hell.”

No.

Not an AC/DC fan. Not a fan of that slogan. I would buy a Hinds t-shirt if it was about Hinds.

Honestly, Ana would have to DM a lot before I would buy that. 

• 3 weeks later...