Natasha Richardson, Dead at 45

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is so tremendously sad. I keep hoping that we're hearing rumors and that she will recover.

I don't think 45 is too old to start skiing. Natasha Richardson looks to be in great shape. This really sounds like a freak accident. I wonder if she was on any medications that could promote bleeding or if there was any aneurysm.

Guest Aaron T

Alas her death has been confirmed in this EW article.

In a statement, Richardson's husband, Liam Neeson, and their family said, "Liam Neeson, his sons, and the entire family are shocked and devastated by the tragic death of their beloved Natasha. They are profoundly grateful for the support, love and prayers of everyone, and ask for privacy during this very difficult time."

In a statement, Richardson's husband, Liam Neeson, and their family said, "Liam Neeson, his sons, and the entire family are shocked and devastated by the tragic death of their beloved Natasha. They are profoundly grateful for the support, love and prayers of everyone, and ask for privacy during this very difficult time."

I'm broke up for the family. For those boys to finish growing up without their momma - can't imagine how hard that is gonna be.

Very sorry end to the story. Just a reminder (as if we needed more) of how tenuous and fragile life can be.

Yep.

Haunting story as I prepare to leave for St. Louis to continue cleaning out mom's apartment.

We are so tough & resilient in some ways & so vulnerable in others.

I keep thinking of Diana's boys.

It's so horribly sad: she was so beautiful and lovely and charming on screen that it was impossible to be jealous of her for marrying the world's sexiest man. You just knew they were happy together.

It's so horribly sad: she was so beautiful and lovely and charming on screen that it was impossible to be jealous of her for marrying the world's sexiest man. You just knew they were happy together.

The kids are like early teens or somewhere around there? That's just awful, so far before her time.

The kids are like early teens or somewhere around there? That's just awful, so far before her time.

The Channel 4 news ran a 2005 interview with her, wherein Ms Richardson expressed how happy she was to be "just a mom" in NY, and her kids could live a normal life. No press scrums or intrusive media documenting her every move.

This must be very difficult on everyone in the family.