• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the other day we found ourselves with a car and time on our hands while returning from a trip with friends. i remembered that a newish pizza place in Bushwick, which had an impressive xmas menu. unass

Not just the beer - everything down to dessert wines.

Very recently someone who's taste I trust told me there is some serious cooking coming out of this kitchen. Initially I thought it was a joke but apparently not.

I heard the same thing, slightly differently put, from a chef who is a fan of Roberta's. He told me they'd started putting "swirls" on the plates. :lol:

This has become something of a chef playground. Not just The Chang.

ETA: Oh, he also said they'd acquired wine glasses to replace the jam jars. Good thing too.

Some restaurants these days post their prices on the interweb. :D And there is an ATM at the door.

Roberta's

I haven't tried on the weekend, but I would expect some craziness most nights. Very popular. As I recall, I went on a weeknight in a thunderstorm and waited about half an hour for a table. And the wait area is not that comfortable.

Ah, the problem is yours.

No appetizer/entree division on the menu of course, but around $11 to $15 for things like sweetbreads, tripe or cuttlefish, up to $24 for a pork chop. $6 to $8 for snacks. $9 for a meat or cheese plate.

Given what we've been hearing, the actual menu might be expanded somewhat. Hard to spend more than sixty or seventy a head on food, though.

Ah, the problem is yours.

No appetizer/entree division on the menu of course, but around $11 to $15 for things like sweetbreads, tripe or cuttlefish, up to $24 for a pork chop. $6 to $8 for snacks. $9 for a meat or cheese plate.

Given what we've been hearing, the actual menu might be expanded somewhat. Hard to spend more than sixty or seventy a head on food, though.

thanks

this is what I see

Menu

5148241773_47b9894fb4_m.jpg

Homepage

5148242397_6bcf86afea_m.jpg

We were there from 5:30 until about 11pm, and went through quite a bit of wine so I'm probably forgetting a lot, but from what I recall we had:

Oyster with citrus granita

Shiro ebi with poppy seeds - I would have thought these were langoustines in a blind tasting - now I remember there's a langoustine and poppy seed dish at Atelier de JR - Roberta's dish is better

Pasta with uni sauce and mussles

Scallop topped with hackleback caviar

Uni with burrata - a surprisingly great combo

Tile fish with matsutake

Treviso with vincotto and blue cheese

Celery root with mascarpone

Whole roasted normandy duck that was hanging for a month

Roast mangalitsa pork (shoulder chops)

Extremely aged steak, served with small breaded bits of sweetbreads, and potatoes that were too strongly vanilla flavored for me

Cheeses (the weakest course of the meal I think, Consider Bradwell on a weak day and served too cold)

Parsley ice cream with lemon curd

Sunchoke pudding

I think only some of the items are available on the menu. All the ingredients were top notch, execution extremely solid, and price was totally unrealistic (we came with folks who are known to the house).

The place was packed constantly from about 6pm until we left, I think some folks were waiting in the bar area/holding pen for well over an hour.

)What is the price point like for non-pizza (since it is cash only need to know how much to bring)

)How crazy is it to try it on the weekend? like tonight

Some of the larger items, like the duck Orik mentioned, aren't always available because they aren't always ready. These items will be more expensive than the items Wilf mentioned, assuming they're ordered whole, a la carte.

You shouldn't see the text superimposed on the home page photo, but you should see links to menus superimposed over that half-a-bowl photo.

Mystery solved. It works fine in Firefox. Bonner is using lameass Internet Explorer.

We were there from 5:30 until about 11pm, and went through quite a bit of wine so I'm probably forgetting a lot, but from what I recall we had:

Oyster with citrus granita

Shiro ebi with poppy seeds - I would have thought these were langoustines in a blind tasting - now I remember there's a langoustine and poppy seed dish at Atelier de JR - Roberta's dish is better

Pasta with uni sauce and mussles

Scallop topped with hackleback caviar

Uni with burrata - a surprisingly great combo

Tile fish with matsutake

Treviso with vincotto and blue cheese

Celery root with mascarpone

Whole roasted normandy duck that was hanging for a month

Roast mangalitsa pork (shoulder chops)

Extremely aged steak, served with small breaded bits of sweetbreads, and potatoes that were too strongly vanilla flavored for me

Cheeses (the weakest course of the meal I think, Consider Bradwell on a weak day and served too cold)

Parsley ice cream with lemon curd

Sunchoke pudding

I think only some of the items are available on the menu. All the ingredients were top notch, execution extremely solid, and price was totally unrealistic (we came with folks who are known to the house).

The place was packed constantly from about 6pm until we left, I think some folks were waiting in the bar area/holding pen for well over an hour.

wow, that's a completely different restaurant!