I have no idea what ### and ||||| mean

On a limb: plaid vs pinstripes.

bingo, although the subtext might be as porkwah suggests.

eta: I've reconsidered what I said earlier - I think the food, were it served in the temperature intended, and prepared with less haste had the potential to be very good. But it wasn't.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the other day we found ourselves with a car and time on our hands while returning from a trip with friends. i remembered that a newish pizza place in Bushwick, which had an impressive xmas menu. unass

Not just the beer - everything down to dessert wines.

Very recently someone who's taste I trust told me there is some serious cooking coming out of this kitchen. Initially I thought it was a joke but apparently not.

I have no idea what ### and ||||| mean

On a limb: plaid vs pinstripes.

bingo, although the subtext might be as porkwah suggests.

How do you know they weren't actually bankers from London?

Went to their seafood garden meal, which cost almost the same as the tasting menu did 18 months ago.

The rats were going wild - one family was having a wedding by the grill while the rat mafia boys (slow, but menacingly big) were occasionally running errands on the other side of the lot.

The food may have been good in theory, but in practice they can't really do wedding catering out of that kitchen (except maybe for the rat wedding) and everything was served at more or less room temperature.

Actually I'm lying, it wasn't even very good in theory.

With the exception of a few bankers, nearly everyone was from Williamsburg, and since it's an expensive meal they were all dressed up, which is starting to mean more or less the same thing ninja.gif. You can still tell them apart though:

Williamsburg:

#####

Banker:

|||||

The only substantial facial hair was on (male) restaurant staff.

p.s. It probably didn't help that I kept wanting to slap the food blogger caricature seated next to us.

Spot on Orik. I went to the Fruit de Mare dinner and in the garden there were some small rats. The food was good, but could have been better, specially at that price. I liked better the previous Pork Roast or the Lamb roast dinners.

For the record, I was wearing # too. Where did you sit?

Spot on Orik. I went to the Fruit de Mare dinner and in the garden there were some small rats. The food was good, but could have been better, specially at that price. I liked better the previous Pork Roast or the Lamb roast dinners.

For the record, I was wearing # too. Where did you sit?

Northeast table, southeast corner.

The small ones were running along the blue container by the smoker, but right behind us... at some point there was this flash of big gray unreasonableness that had everyone around us look at each other to check if they were imagining things.

Actually, I wonder if it will get Roberta's closed down. Talk about health violations.

They could adopt the carefree attitude of DiFara's. A little mouse shit didn't seem to hurt their business.

I have to say, you guys have really disappointed me.

• I was expecting to be told that the presence of rats is something which, for many diners, enhances the dining experience.
  • I was expecting to be told that the rat infestation was consistent with the rough-hewn ambience of the place.
  • I was certainly expecting to be told that skepticism about rats under the tables reflected a narrow, subjective and wholly idiosyncratic idea of luxury in restaurants.
  • And I was especially looking forward to learning that any objection to rats in the dining area committed me -- by brute force of logic -- to admiring only restaurants fitted out like imitations of Versailles.

I could hear the chant already:

You are old, Father Wilfrid," the Mouthfuls members said,

And your hair has become very white;

And you don't understand that diners today—

Welcome rats when they're having a bite.

And of course the real reason I'm disappointed is that I was looking forward to lmfao when Roberta's moved to exterminate the vermin.