• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the other day we found ourselves with a car and time on our hands while returning from a trip with friends. i remembered that a newish pizza place in Bushwick, which had an impressive xmas menu. unass

Not just the beer - everything down to dessert wines.

Very recently someone who's taste I trust told me there is some serious cooking coming out of this kitchen. Initially I thought it was a joke but apparently not.

• 3 weeks later...

That NY Times article is not particularly optimistic.

Was The Times particularly optimistic before Williamsburg or Bushwick rebounded?

Having said that: the article does offer some compelling structural reasons why the Bronx is NOT like Brooklyn, despite certain superficial points in its favor (like transit).

Was The Times particularly optimistic before Williamsburg or Bushwick rebounded?

Bushwick has rebounded? There's a whole thread on the neighborhood which says the rebound is more superficial than substantial yet the Times makes it sound like the West Village in the 1950s.

Bushwick has rebounded to become a dormitory suburb for young people who work, but can't afford to live, elsewhere.

I think that's about it.

You forgot the thriving rat population.