I was similarly positively surprised when during diner at Aurora recently (in their garden) I only saw mice. There were many of them scurrying about in the vine and under the parasols (these have large round bases that are slightly elevated, supporting a dozen mice comfortably), but even many mice are cuter than a rat.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the other day we found ourselves with a car and time on our hands while returning from a trip with friends. i remembered that a newish pizza place in Bushwick, which had an impressive xmas menu. unass

Not just the beer - everything down to dessert wines.

Very recently someone who's taste I trust told me there is some serious cooking coming out of this kitchen. Initially I thought it was a joke but apparently not.

In law school, the law review office was in the basement of the library. When I was an Editor, I used to habitually work there late into the night. At around 11 or midnight, the mice would come out, dancing around my feet under the desk. They were cute. It made me feel like Cinderella.

I was similarly positively surprised when during diner at Aurora recently (in their garden) I only saw mice. There were many of them scurrying about in the vine and under the parasols (these have large round bases that are slightly elevated, supporting a dozen mice comfortably), but even many mice are cuter than a rat.

No thanks-One of the reasons that I don't enjoy outdoor dining in N.Y...I've worked in restaurants where I had to turn on the lights to scattering mice, wipe up rodent turds every morning,and get rid of screeching mice on glue traps....having them around isn't fun,healthy,or cute.

It's the way Roberta's gets a pass on this which I find superbly entertaining.

One of the best known restaurants in the United States?

"Oh, I was at Daniel the other night, and we saw some rats. But only three, and they weren't actually in our food."

That people aren't outraged is entirely part of the hippy-dippy, Bushwick-and-benches, Chateau D'Yquem in jam jars, go wait in the holding pen for two hours bullshit everyone's buying into.

And, note, I'm not saying the rats matter. I am just thinking what would happen if there were rats at...well, fill in your own non-hipsterly restaurant.

Hollow laughter:

[A]

Inspected on

04/19/2012

Restaurant

ROBERTA'S

43 BOGART STREET BROOKLYN 11206

718-417-1118

Graded

Date Points

04/19/2012 10

04/05/2011 9

Ungraded

Date Points

03/13/2012 15

04/15/2010 5

03/04/2010 4

Violations recorded in the following area (s) at the reinspection conducted on 04/19/2012.

"Critical" violations are displayed in red.

Violation points: 10

Sanitary Violations

1) Cold food item held above 41º F (smoked fish and reduced oxygen packaged foods above 38 ºF) except during necessary preparation.

2) Plumbing not properly installed or maintained; anti-siphonage or backflow prevention device not provided where required; equipment or floor not properly drained; sewage disposal system in disrepair or not functioning properly.

No flying insects, right? :lol:

Do the rats show up inside the actual restaurant?

It's probably worse that they control the area previously used to grow produce for the restaurant.

If you want them to show up indoors there's Per Se, Daniel, etc.

It's the way Roberta's gets a pass on this which I find superbly entertaining.

One of the best known restaurants in the United States?

"Oh, I was at Daniel the other night, and we saw some rats. But only three, and they weren't actually in our food."

That people aren't outraged is entirely part of the hippy-dippy, Bushwick-and-benches, Chateau D'Yquem in jam jars, go wait in the holding pen for two hours bullshit everyone's buying into.

And, note, I'm not saying the rats matter. I am just thinking what would happen if there were rats at...well, fill in your own non-hipsterly restaurant.

Did anyone else read the restaurant Shouts and Murmurs in the New Yorker a couple of weeks ago and think of Roberta's?