For Ms. Ginn skinning and eating rats represents the survivalist instincts she likes to explore in her work. “To have these sorts of skills, it’s very empowering,” she said.

I remember when about once a year Assad senior would come on Syrian TV and these scary looking female soldiers would show their bravery by eating live snakes in front of him. If art doesn't work out, she has a future in the middle east.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the other day we found ourselves with a car and time on our hands while returning from a trip with friends. i remembered that a newish pizza place in Bushwick, which had an impressive xmas menu. unass

Not just the beer - everything down to dessert wines.

Very recently someone who's taste I trust told me there is some serious cooking coming out of this kitchen. Initially I thought it was a joke but apparently not.

• 2 months later...
... giving me some time to wonder whether there is any point in writing about a 12-seat restaurant that serves 60 people a week...

Right? Back to my problem with Sifton basing his assessment of Roberta's in part on a menu available to very few customers.

Certainly, it is the first dining room in New York City where it is possible to sit in a leather captain’s chair licking caviar and parsnip granita from a mother-of-pearl spoon while across the room a Dolly Parton record spins on a turntable.

In a plaid shirt!

At least he didn't spot any rats.

The Blanca website* -- why not Bianca? -- says it's open Wed-Sat, four days a week.

12 seats, 60 diners. Who are the twelve who get two meals a night?

* that site respectfully capitalizes the you in "Thank you". That makes Me feel Special.

the ones who dine on saturday, when there are two seatings.

wells fucked up.

The Blanca website* -- why not Bianca? -- says it's open Wed-Sat, four days a week.

12 seats, 60 diners. Who are the twelve who get two meals a night?

* that site respectfully capitalizes the you in "Thank you". That makes Me feel Special.

the ones who dine on saturday, when there are two seatings.

wells fucked up.

No he didn't:

HOURS Wednesday to Friday, one seating at 6 p.m. Saturday, seatings at 5:45 and 10 p.m.

Wow, when you guys hate someone, you just don't pay attention to what's actually said, do you? [Admins: if that sounds too political, tough shit.]