have to replace all my piece o crap appliances

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the legal requirement of you buying the appliances? Will you or your slumlord own them? Could you take them with you if you wished to? This would make a difference to me between what I could live with and what I would choose. For dishwasher, go with the new really quiet ones. They are so amazingly quiet. I have always like GE for low cost non-restaurant quality appliances but now that they've supposedly lost interest in everything but hedge funds and closed the USA factories for Made in China ones, it's changing. The last review in Consumer Reports for dishwasers appears to be August 08, ranges Aug 08 & Dec 08, and refrigerators Aug 08 and Jan 09.

I can't speak for their other appliances, but just about a year ago, we got a built-in Electrolux double oven that I LOVE! If I was appliance shopping, I'd definitely take a look at them. However, they are not inexpensive.

have been looking at the electrolux ranges. and lg and fisher and paykel fridges. the lg would fit the space and are energy star but i hate the bottom freezer drawer. stuff will get lost in there. the fisher and paykel are pretty and counter depth (sort of) but i don't think technically energy star but certainly more energy efficient than what's there now. bosch ranges look good to me as well. all the ge look like cheap crap. if i won the lotto i'd get a liebherr fridge but then i'd have to move the cabinet over the fridge space to make room.

What is the legal requirement of you buying the appliances? Will you or your slumlord own them? Could you take them with you if you wished to? This would make a difference to me between what I could live with and what I would choose. For dishwasher, go with the new really quiet ones. They are so amazingly quiet. I have always like GE for low cost non-restaurant quality appliances but now that they've supposedly lost interest in everything but hedge funds and closed the USA factories for Made in China ones, it's changing. The last review in Consumer Reports for dishwasers appears to be August 08, ranges Aug 08 & Dec 08, and refrigerators Aug 08 and Jan 09.

i'll own them. the slumlord will come and take their crap away and sign a paper saying that they understand that the new stuff is my property and that i have the right to remove it at any time

Why don't you move in with Daisy until you find a better place.

Um, who said you had permission to shop me around?

The two of you in the same apartment? Can you imagine the cosmic shift? It would be like Ghostbusters or something.

i'll own them. the slumlord will come and take their crap away and sign a paper saying that they understand that the new stuff is my property and that i have the right to remove it at any time

you could probably save money hiring a hedge fund to wash your dishes these days

If I were a slumlord (not that I am or have ever been), I'd claim the stove and for sure the d/w were fixtures and thus my property, not yours. Just sayin'.

i'm sure you've fantasized about being a slumlord for many many years but this is the end result of a carefully negotiated agreement and plus i'm not suing their asses off for the dishwasher thing

you could probably save money hiring a hedge fund to wash your dishes these days

that's why i love you porkwah. you're always thinking and so willing to help your friends tackle the hard issues

Why don't you move in with Daisy until you find a better place.

Um, who said you had permission to shop me around?

The two of you in the same apartment? Can you imagine the cosmic shift? It would be like Ghostbusters or something.

oh stone, stone, stone. i can finally stop wondering why everyone says you're an idiot. i say that with all the love, really.

that's why i love you porkwah. you're always thinking and so willing to help your friends tackle the hard issues

i don't think you want my advice on appliances anyway. isn't Appliance a town in nebraska?