Keep On Running

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought this may act as a useful diary and motivation for the more slothful of our members   But, today, bugger all. too hungover from Rhodes.   Tomorrow is another day   S

Good session today with my trainer   All lower body, core stability and lower back   Jumps ( involving starting from a seated position on a bench and leaping to a standing position on a raised ste

today, an old boxer's running programme carried out early in the morning when glycogen ( sp?) stores are low and so aids fat burning. It creates a metabolism spike that lasts until about midday   1

After having fallen off the exercise wagon since the new year, I am determined to get back at it. Bonus is the fact that my new office is just a block from my gym, and I can now go work out at lunchtime. I shall report back, as I am planning to head over there in a couple of hours.

This thread will be a good motivational tool.

For some :D

Got up, drove to work, on feet for 5 hours so far...about another 8 hours to go on feet.Does this burn calories??

I am losing a bit of weight, i had to hunt out a belt last week, all my jeans are falling down.

For some :D

Got up, drove to work, on feet for 5 hours so far...about another 8 hours to go on feet.Does this burn calories??

I am losing a bit of weight, i had to hunt out a belt last week, all my jeans are falling down.

When I worked in the restaurant biz (front and back of the house) I never needed to exercise. Whether it was churning out apps in a boiling hot kitchen or flying around the dining room loaded with full trays of food, all I did was burn calories. Also, add in the two packs of cigarettes and 7 or 8 cups of coffee that I consumed per day, and my metabolism rivaled a hummingbird.

I wonder what spinning is. :unsure:

Not sure if this is a trick question, but the straight answer is that it is stationary cycling on a Schwinn bicycle with an 18 pound wheel and an adjustable resistance knob. It's a very effective training device. I think of it as torture, and the spinning room as The House of Pain.

Btw, Wilfrid, I happen to know that my current gym (I'm only there because the spinning instructor is a Class 1 road racer and an excellent coach) and your office are just steps apart. Any time you'd like to experience spinning for yourself, I will be very glad to have you as my guest. Afterwards, we can have Gatorade and tofu.

Robert, you are very kind, but I don't believe I have entered a gymnasium in twenty seven years, and the shock may be too much. Thanks for the explanation.

If it's anyone's business, I begin most days exercising with a pair of ten pound dumbbells, working mainly on my arms, shoulders, neck and chest. Since I walk millions of miles every week, I am a Greek god from the waist down. The bit in the middle gets overlooked because I detest sit-ups, although that's clearly what I should be doing.

I exercised nothing today but my jaws. Tonight, though, I'm doing strenuous yoga/Pilates/dance/etc. with my excellent exercise coach, author of a forthcoming book on "How to Get Fit when You're Old & Saggy." :lol:

I exercised nothing today but my jaws. Tonight, though, I'm doing strenuous yoga/Pilates/dance/etc. with my excellent exercise coach, author of a forthcoming book on "How to Get Fit when You're Old & Saggy." :lol:

who would be publishing such a potential bestseller, pray tell?

S

Fucking hang-over this morning (see "What we are drinking), made 6:30 Am trip to gym even less pleasant the usual.

10 minutes warm up on rowing machine (n.b. why do these things have settings 1-10 when you only use 10).

20 minutes on bitch-bastard Stair-master

20 minutes on bike

15 minutes plaing about with weights etc.

rowing, riding and ,eh, stairing burns about 650 kcal, not sure how much weights burn though.

Still feel like shit, can't weight until this arvo for a drink.