Keep On Running

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought this may act as a useful diary and motivation for the more slothful of our members   But, today, bugger all. too hungover from Rhodes.   Tomorrow is another day   S

Good session today with my trainer   All lower body, core stability and lower back   Jumps ( involving starting from a seated position on a bench and leaping to a standing position on a raised ste

today, an old boxer's running programme carried out early in the morning when glycogen ( sp?) stores are low and so aids fat burning. It creates a metabolism spike that lasts until about midday   1

7 miles tonight. Felt great. I blew over the Brooklyn Bridge and contemplated a 10 miler over the Williamsburg but, got distracted. I was chasing this dude with a hydration pack and Oakleys and the shortest pair of running shorts I've ever seen.

He went under the Manhattan and I went over. I was tired from chasing guy when another guy ran passed me up hill.

He was like wearing compression leggings and spandex and he was fast as hell. Me wearing a dead tshirt and a pair of champion shorts or something was also looking sporty.

I chased him for 20 yards until we reached the steepest part of the bridge. I passed him, I was smiling. He must have known I had chased him for a long time. When it leveled off he passed me, I then ran maybe another 20 yards and I passed him. He passed me, we were neck and neck. We did this over most of the bridge until I could no longer sustain. He was chilling

He passed me a final time and I slowed down and noticed I had multiple stomach cramps.

He was stretching on the other side of the bridge when I stopped.' I thanked him for the motivation and said it was a lot of fun. We pumped fists and I had another 2.5'miles left

On my run.

Anyway, my legs are feeling super heavy Just two hours later.

A lentil soup and a kale salad to end my 900 calorie day

• 3 weeks later...

I ran 9.2 miles yesterday with an average pace around 7.20 or so, with stopping for lights and stretching. I haven't timed myself is a long time so that is good to know.

I ran 5 miles today with a wicked hangover. Heading to the Atlantic antic.

• 4 months later...

I started a learn to run program. No distance goal, just a time goal - by the 16th week, I should be able to run about 40 minutes. I am currently on week 6 and while it doesn't suck as much as I thought it would, it still sucks. It probably doesn't help that I'm running on an indoor track with a bunch of a-holes who can't follow the track rules, or maybe it sucks because I have no cardiovascular endurance. It could also be because my form is so bad that when I catch a reflection of myself running, I think "Who's that wooden board with feet?" But today I ran a 6x 2min run/3 min walk, and that's the most I've ever been able to run continuously before injuries take over (although my 6th round ended up being 1.5 min run/3.5 min walk 'cause I was tired!). And I've been making an effort to stretch properly after every run/walk, and so far, my knee and hip have not been too bad at all.

I may switch to a 21-week program after this week to give me a slower progression and hopefully stave off injury altogether. But I'm pretty happy with where I am for now.

2.5 miles today. Not timed, I took it slowly at first, then medium. I was hoping to do a mile but was planning for nothing. I listened to myself and was aware of my body. Its so easy to get unconnected, three months of doing nothing outside of sit-ups and pushups at no regularity.

My knees hurt but nothing crazy. Im so happy to be back. Next run will not be as much as the first

I was having problems with my right shin and calf, so I took a video of myself running. I thought I was a mid- or fore-foot striker, but I was very much a heel striker. So I spent my last running session trying to land on my forefoot. It takes way more thought than I'd like, but my shin and calf didn't tighten up like they have been doing.

Running kind of sucks, but it's kind of fun, too.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

ok it appears i get disgusted with myself every time around this year.. did 2.5 miles on saturday and was finally able to move my legs today and did another 2.7 miles.. times are terrible but, i feel good.. its amazing how relaxed and healthy you feel after doing what appears to be a hellish task.. It's certainly counter intuative...