Keep On Running

today, an old boxer's running programme carried out early in the morning when glycogen ( sp?) stores are low and so aids fat burning. It creates a metabolism spike that lasts until about midday

10min warmup run 11kph

2min sprint 12kph

2min jog 11kph

2min sprint 12.5kph

2min jog 11kph

2min sprint 13kph

2min jog 11kph

2min sprint 13.5kph

2min jog 11kph

2min sprint 14kph

10min jog 11kph

2min sprint 12kph

2min jog 11kph

2min sprint 12.5kph

2min jog 11kph

2min sprint 13kph

2min jog 11kph

2min sprint 13.5kph

2min jog 11kph

2min sprint 14kph

5 min cool down 9.5kph

The whole thing takes just over the hour and burns c1200 calories.

I like to do this once a week inbetween my other workouts. I find it totally energises me for the day

S

• Like 5
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought this may act as a useful diary and motivation for the more slothful of our members   But, today, bugger all. too hungover from Rhodes.   Tomorrow is another day   S

Good session today with my trainer   All lower body, core stability and lower back   Jumps ( involving starting from a seated position on a bench and leaping to a standing position on a raised ste

today, an old boxer's running programme carried out early in the morning when glycogen ( sp?) stores are low and so aids fat burning. It creates a metabolism spike that lasts until about midday   1

Since I walk millions of miles every week, I am a Greek god from the waist down. The bit in the middle gets overlooked because I detest sit-ups, although that's clearly what I should be doing.

Don't go to the Vatican then, they will chop your todger off and cover the offending area with a plaster fig leaf.

Note: they don't cut off the scrotum, is there some weird sexual phycology at work here? A staute of a god with out a penis, fine, but without balls is a issue? Also what happens to all the cut of penises?

Sit ups actually do more harm than good. I used to do '000's of them a week, but to little effect.

Now, with the help of my personal trainer, I have developed a functional core stability programme involving pilates, swiss ball and plyometrics. The results have been very good

S

Sit ups actually do more harm than good. I used to do '000's of them a week, but to little effect.

Now, with the help of my personal trainer, I have developed a functional core stability programme involving pilates, swiss ball and plyometrics. The results have been very good

S

Now you tell me. I do 40 stomach crunches with 45 kg resistance per session in the hope that it will strengthen my lower back, are you saying all this if for naught?

Sit ups actually do more harm than good.  I used to do '000's of them a week, but to little effect. 

Now, with the help of my personal trainer, I have developed a functional core stability programme involving pilates, swiss ball and plyometrics.  The results have been very good

S

Now you tell me. I do 40 stomach crunches with 45 kg resistance per session in the hope that it will strengthen my lower back, are you saying all this if for naught?

stomach crunches for the lower back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are you mental?

You have to strengthen your lower back to be able to do the crunches ( er, which you should not be doing anyway)

For the lower back, the best exercise is

lay flat on the floor stomach down with arms extended in front of you and hands clasped. raise both your hands and feet off the ground about three inches and hold for 30 secs then lower. repeat 10 times.

When you ge more advanced you can do what they call "superman's lifts" where you raise one are and the opposite leg, then switch.

for your stomach, try doing your weights on the swiss ball, this forces you to pull in your abs better than any sit ups

S

Fuck. This all seems like an terrible lot of bother, just to conform to some shallow post-1985 ideal of 'shagable'. Are you sure that that those magnet things don't work? Might just give myself a dose of round worms and see how that works out.

Fuck. This all seems like an terrible lot of bother, just to conform to some shallow post-1985 ideal of 'shagable'. Are you sure that that those magnet things don't work? Might just give myself a dose of round worms and see how that works out.

I have to be honst and say, that for exercise to work, you have to move from a mindset of "means to an end" to one of " an end in itself"

If you treat it as something you do to lose weight, get fit etc, you will always be disappointed at the results because of the body image and facism that pervades all our lives. if, on the other hand, like me you say "I may be the ugliest, slaphead in the joint, but I am nearly 40 and can still run/lift any of these motherfuckers under the table" you will have a lot more motivation

I am below my original target weight. I weigh 11stone 4lbs a drop from 16 stone, but that is not why I go to the gym 5/6 times a week. I go because of the enrgy it gives me for my day, the confidence that being able to run 18 miles or lift 275lbs brings and the smug conceit I feel when I walk to work at 8am knowing that I have already done that day more than most of the bleary eyed people I pass will do in a month.

Shallow? Sure, very, but it gets me through the day

S

10min warmup run 11kph

2min sprint 12kph

2min jog 11kph

2min sprint 12.5kph

2min jog 11kph

2min sprint 13kph

2min jog 11kph

2min sprint 13.5kph

2min jog 11kph

2min sprint 14kph

10min jog 11kph

2min sprint 12kph

2min jog 11kph

2min sprint 12.5kph

2min jog 11kph

2min sprint 13kph

2min jog 11kph

2min sprint 13.5kph

2min jog 11kph

2min sprint 14kph

5 min cool down 9.5kph

I must be nuts, this actually sounds like fun to me... Recently, I've been doing 5 minutes run as fast as I can - 5 minutes fast walk... repeat for around an hour.

I think I'll try this... just not at the speed you go at!

Tell that to Britney Spears...

If you treat it as something you do to lose weight, get fit etc, you will always be disappointed at the results because of the body image and facism that pervades all our lives. if, on the other hand, like me you say "I may be the ugliest, slaphead in the joint, but I am nearly 40 and can still run/lift any of these motherfuckers under the table" you will have a lot more motivation

Ah, now I see where this comes from - become 40 and turn into Mr T. Won't be long now before earrings and chunky gold necklaces become a daily issue.

Don't worry, I am very self absorbed, the rest of the worlds opinion, bar one, matters very little to my self worth.

Don't worry, I am very self absorbed, the rest of the worlds opinion, bar one, matters very little to my self worth.

good, because the rest of us just think of you as "that poor fat convict from up north"

S

Replace the word "convict" with another word of four letters that also starts with a "c" and ends with a "t" and you will have many that share the sentiment.

Somebody told me that you wanted a parrot that could sing show tunes for your 40th, as part of some lifestyle make over. That and a gold lame puffy shirt. Whats that all about?

good, because the rest of us just think of you as "that poor fat convict from up north"

S

Replace the word "convict" with another word of four letters that also starts with a "c" and ends with a "t" and you will have many that share the sentiment.

Somebody told me that you wanted a parrot that could sing show tunes for your 40th, as part of some lifestyle make over. That and a gold lame puffy shirt. Whats that all about?

I love show tunes

I am currently majoring on MAME

You coax the blues right out of the horn, Mame,

You charm the husk right off of the corn, Mame,

You've got that banjoes strummin'

And plunkin' out a tune to beat the band,

The whole plantation's hummin'

Since you brought Dixie back to Dixie land.

You make the cotton easy to pick, Mame,

You give my old mint julep a kick, Mame,

Who ever thought a Yankee would put

A little Dixie mouse to shame.

You've made us feel alive again,

You've given us the drive again,

To make the South revive again, Mame.

Beauregard Burnside:

You've brought the cake-walk back into style, Mame

You make the weepin' willow tree smile, Mame,

Your skin is Dixie satin,

There's rebel in your manner and your speech,

You may be from Manhattan,

But Georgia never had a sweeter peach.

All:

You make our black-eyed peas and our grits, Mame,

Seem like the bill of fare at the Ritz, Mame,

You came, you saw, you conquered

And absolutely nothing is the same.

You're special fascination'll prove to be inspirational,

We think you're just sensational, Mame.

You coax the blues right out of the horn, Mame,

You charm the husk right off of the corn, Mame,

You've got that banjoes strummin'

And plunkin' out a tune to beat the band,

The whole plantation's hummin'

You make the cotton easy to pick, Mame,

You give my old mint julep a kick, Mame,

Who ever thought a Yankee would put

A little Dixie mouse to shame.

You've made us feel alive again,

You've given us the drive again,

To make the South revive again, Mame.

Mame! Mame! Mame! Mame!

Really? I thought that as that this would be more your thing.

We represent the Lollipop Guild, The Lollipop Guild, The Lollipop Guild

And in the name of the Lollypop Guild,

We wish to welcome you to Muchkinland.

We welcome you to Munchkinland

Tra la la la la la la

Tra-la-la, Tra-la-la

Tra la la la la la la

From now on you'll be history.

You'll be hist ...

You'll be hist...

You'll be history.

And we will glorify your name.