Keep On Running

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought this may act as a useful diary and motivation for the more slothful of our members   But, today, bugger all. too hungover from Rhodes.   Tomorrow is another day   S

Good session today with my trainer   All lower body, core stability and lower back   Jumps ( involving starting from a seated position on a bench and leaping to a standing position on a raised ste

today, an old boxer's running programme carried out early in the morning when glycogen ( sp?) stores are low and so aids fat burning. It creates a metabolism spike that lasts until about midday   1

Spinning: Yesterday, an hour of "over/under" (above and below lactate threshold) intervals. Today, some stair climbing and an extra ride on the recumbent bike, in order to add about 750 calories to the cushion I will need for tomorrow.

I love doing intervals in spinning -- it's always fun to mix it up a little.

What's happening tomorrow???? If you're saving up calories it must be good!

Guys, help me out. Today I went to the gym by myself FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER; there was nobody to show me around so I kind of randomly overexerted myself on a variety of bikes and treadmills. I WILL schedule a session with a personal trainer, but it may take a week before their schedules gel with mine, and in the meantime I have a burning question: I did the "fitness test" on one of the machines, it asked me to enter my weight and age and sex, then let me work out and then told me my fitness level was "80". Okay, WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? There was no explanation and when I asked the fit-looking girl at the reception she said "no idea".

Thanks!!!

I'm with that girl in the gym...no idea. 80 on a scale of what?

Great that you made it to the gym...get some training and try to go for 21 days at least 5 or 6 times a week. After 3 weeks of going to the gym if you miss a day ...you REALLY miss it. It becomes a habit.

• 3 weeks later...