Keep On Running

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought this may act as a useful diary and motivation for the more slothful of our members   But, today, bugger all. too hungover from Rhodes.   Tomorrow is another day   S

Good session today with my trainer   All lower body, core stability and lower back   Jumps ( involving starting from a seated position on a bench and leaping to a standing position on a raised ste

today, an old boxer's running programme carried out early in the morning when glycogen ( sp?) stores are low and so aids fat burning. It creates a metabolism spike that lasts until about midday   1

I should be at the gym. But instead, I'm behind my computer, eating lemon curd. :o I do plan on going tonight, though!

I recently packed on quite a bit of weight really quickly (just over the summer, actually). :lol: Will be hitting the gym regularly now. I plan on doing an hour of cardio 5x a week, and I guess I really should lift some weights, huh? (Oh God...I'm so lazy!! :rolleyes: )

yesterday

upper body

5 sets assisted pull ups supersetted with pushups

4 sets flat bench press

4 sets seated dumbell shoulder press

5 sets upright row

5 sets cable tricep press down

4 sets lat pull down

5 sets bicep curls from preacher bench

today

upper body a tad sore

ran 5 mi in 41:00 exactly

ran today 5mi in 40:12

Ling, I don't know how people can read and workout. I sweat and my head does not stay still enough to keep my place on a page.

I think you should decide what you want to get out of going to the gym...a workout or a good read :rolleyes:

Ah, finally running again, I missed it. (I wonder if this means I finally like it? Well, my body craves it in any case.) 1:05 on a treadmill. Boring, even with music, but an element of amusement was provided by the P. Diddy wannabe on the machine next to me, who apparently was playing a game of chicken. Every 30 seconds or so I'd up my speed a notch, and after a few times I noticed that whenever I'd do this, he'd do it, too. I also noticed that he'd up his speed to whatever I'd upped mine to. That lasted until we hit the 8:45 mile mark, about 10 minutes after he got on. Then he'd apparently had enough (I was still warming up, tee hee) and he proceeded to go grunt while he lifted not very heavy weights.

Ah, finally running again, I missed it. (I wonder if this means I finally like it? Well, my body craves it in any case.) 1:05 on a treadmill. Boring, even with music, but an element of amusement was provided by the P. Diddy wannabe on the machine next to me, who apparently was playing a game of chicken. Every 30 seconds or so I'd up my speed a notch, and after a few times I noticed that whenever I'd do this, he'd do it, too. I also noticed that he'd up his speed to whatever I'd upped mine to. That lasted until we hit the 8:45 mile mark, about 10 minutes after he got on. Then he'd apparently had enough (I was still warming up, tee hee) and he proceeded to go grunt while he lifted not very heavy weights.

:rolleyes:

my fastest time ever...its somewhere on this thread was about 38:00 for 5 mi.

I played go as fast as... with a very fast runner and it made me go...fast.

Today on the treadmill 7 songs and my ipod froze. trying to fix it the treadmill reset. So I ran for another 7 songs and doubled the mileage...6.04 miles baby! about 50 minutes.

Speaking of ipods and treadmills...what do you listen to when you're at the gym? I need new gym playlists. Ideas?

For the cardio stuff I like things with a strong fast beat- they keep me going. Don't laugh, but I find some Missy Eliot or Christina Aguillara works well.

Nothing specific for Missy, but my favorite eliptical CD from a couple of years ago opens with CA's Dirty. It also has Destiny's Child Survivor and L'il Kim Jump Off.

edit:

Be careful about singing along to L'il Kim. People might look at you funny if you sing

East coast West coast worldwide

All my playas in the hood stay fly

But you might attract some unwanted attention if you sang

Rub on my tits (Huh!) squeeze on my ass (Oooh!)

. . . You know what we about, sex, drugs and cash