Keep On Running

Bracing hike from Bronxville to White Plains on Sunday. The rest of the group went on to Valhalla and the Kensico Dam, but I had to drop out early because my ankles were killing me (wore boots for dirt trails because I hadn't anticipated that the trails would be paved instead).

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought this may act as a useful diary and motivation for the more slothful of our members   But, today, bugger all. too hungover from Rhodes.   Tomorrow is another day   S

Good session today with my trainer   All lower body, core stability and lower back   Jumps ( involving starting from a seated position on a bench and leaping to a standing position on a raised ste

today, an old boxer's running programme carried out early in the morning when glycogen ( sp?) stores are low and so aids fat burning. It creates a metabolism spike that lasts until about midday   1

15 min warm up on the Step Mill speed intervals at level 17

then

4 sets flat bench

4 sets pec deck

4 sets seated dumbell shoulder press

4 sets lat pull down

4 sets tricep cable press

Steph L. get rid of those boots. trail or street your ankles shouldn't hurt.

(wore boots for dirt trails because I hadn't anticipated that the trails would be paved instead).

Montrail makes several different hybrid running/trail shoes that are great for walking city streets or dirt trails. Save the boots for really trecherous footing.

warm up 10 min step mill, speed intervals, level 15

5 sets hack squats

5 sets leg press

5 sets seated shoulder press on the smith

supersetted 3 sets glute machine with donkey calf raises

3 sets power squat

2 sets cybex shoulder press

I just bought a pedometer; I hope that will inspire me.

I also took a couple of private lessons from a chorus mate who is a Gyrotonics instructor. Gyrotonics/Gyrokinesis is kind of a cross between yoga and Pilates; some exercises are done on the floor or a stool and others on a machine. I'll have to see if I can afford even one lesson per week, but already I've gotten some great tips on improving my posture and flexibility.