Keep On Running

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought this may act as a useful diary and motivation for the more slothful of our members   But, today, bugger all. too hungover from Rhodes.   Tomorrow is another day   S

Good session today with my trainer   All lower body, core stability and lower back   Jumps ( involving starting from a seated position on a bench and leaping to a standing position on a raised ste

today, an old boxer's running programme carried out early in the morning when glycogen ( sp?) stores are low and so aids fat burning. It creates a metabolism spike that lasts until about midday   1

this could also be posted under reasons to be cheerful. I brand new Equinox gym is opening closer to my home than the NY Sports Club (dump) I go to now.

i'm now signed with three clubs - one at work (for cardio only), another one by my house (machines, group exercise and pool) and one at A.'s work (when i'm in MA).

although thinking of dropping the membership at work's club - feel sort of akward to exercise with co-workers.

This afternoon was warm and sunny, so instead of running the perimeter of Prospect Park as planned my running buddy and I did some Brooklyn exploring. After running the Flatbush length of the Park we hung a left and followed Parkside Ave into what we think is Prospect Lefferts Gardens - what a beautiful neighborhood whatever it's called! - and proceeded to zigzag our way through the lovely streets. Some freestanding Victorian homes, some brick attached homes in the style of what one sees in Sunnyside, Queens, and lots of tree-lined streets with cute little front gardens. Appetizing scents wafted from the small roti shops on the major streets, and we saw some sweet old churches here and there. Then we found ourselves in Crown Heights and on more pretty blocks, though many were littered with empty dime bags. Eventually we ended up at the Botanic Gardens, and back at the Park. I'm not sure how far we ended up running, but it was a great little tour on a day when we wanted an excuse to stay out and about.

Aaah, Brooklyn.